cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Antenna mast brackets?

Wet_Coast
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, staring a build on a new to me 5th.
I am transferring over my Cell Booster and HAM gear. I have acquired a couple of the 16' extendable "painters poles" to play with as extendable antenna masts.

I have seen example of tying additional antennas (wifi booster) to the TV antenna assembly; great idea, but I want to get higher.

I am thinking a chunk of 2" X 4' PVC tie-wrapped to the rear ladder and slide the painters pole into it. Not sure what else I can start hanging off with out modifying the unit too much.

Open to any ideas that you brainiacs have already done. Pics or napkin drawings appreciated.

Thanks, Rick
04 3500 4X4 Auto Cummins QC
Onboard air, Air bags, Pac Brake
05 Cougar 244EFS, Flexair Pin Box, Dexter Equalizers
6x6v, 900watt, 60a Renology MPPT, 2200w Xantrex, 3500w IPower Genset
VA7RKC Advanced

Everything runs on smoke, don't let the smoke out
3 REPLIES 3

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Many years ago, when we moved into our first house that had a fireplace, I bought a chimney sweep kit. The chimney sweep brush was separate, and the poles it attached to was separate. I completely miss judged the height of a single story house, and ended up buy about 60 feet of pole. To my surprise when I cleaned the chimney, I only needed 2 sections.

Well, since then we moved. Our current house has a fire place, but I've not attempted cleaning it. But those poles sure do work nice cleaning out the 40 foot of cloths dryer pipe a couple times a year. I tape a brush to the end and then I can add a section, turn the rod and clean the pipe with the dryer blowing.

Anyway, I did find out that if the pole gets too long, it get real wiggle. Still, you might consider something like that to make a mast, especially if you drop it into that PVC pipe.

Click here.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Search for "RV flag pole ladder mounts".
I like this one.
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you considered an RV flagpole? Bummer mount, ladder mount, or under tire mount.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad