Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Attic vent update

dtappy3353
Explorer
Explorer
Folks:

I received a final reply from Jayco regarding the type of roof I have on my fiver.

According to their specs....and given its a roof with radius....there is no space that could accommodate an attic vent.

The only space up there is the spacing between the 2x4's for air conditioning ducts which do not have flex directing them to the vents.

Dang....
12 REPLIES 12

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
My Yellowstone Canyon Trail has attic vents.

Jerry

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
Cedar Creek
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the vents on my 2010 Keystone Fuzion 383 toyhauler.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
campinghut wrote:
There are other RV's out there with attic vent not just NUWA
Please list a few if you knw who they are, because it makes no sense at all to eliminate insulation. Thats the exact opposite of what they should be doing.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

campinghut
Explorer
Explorer
There are other RV's out there with attic vent not just NUWA
Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2022 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2020 all Ford F350's)

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. His "attic" is solid styrofoam except for the cutouts for wiring and air conditioner ducts. That is also what Jayco told him.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
SCVJeff wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
What's wrong with a ceiling vent and a cover?

He wants to install a attic ventilation system like in a house with an attic. NOT a vent from the inside to the outside. His other post we explained that 99 44/100 of the RV's out there will NOT have any space between the inside roof panel and the topside decking. and NO WAY to get a fresh air in and thru and out like on a residential home with an attic. Doug
Is the percentage that low ? ๐Ÿ™‚

You do this for a living, so maybe you have. But I have never ever seen any RV that has an "attic", that why I keep asking the same question?

If you read his original post, a NUWA owner stated NUWA advertises an attic space. BUT, I feel NUWA is not truthfull in their advertising, due to the way ALL RV roofs are made. You just cannot get a full fresh air flow in an RV roof due to the insulation materials and the various items run thru the roof. Doug

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:

He wants to install a attic ventilation system like in a house with an attic. NOT a vent from the inside to the outside. His other post we explained that 99 44/100 of the RV's out there will NOT have any space between the inside roof panel and the topside decking. and NO WAY to get a fresh air in and thru and out like on a residential home with an attic. Doug
Is the percentage that low ? ๐Ÿ™‚

You do this for a living, so maybe you have. But I have never ever seen any RV that has an "attic", that why I keep asking the same question?
Jeff - WA6EQU

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is his old post:

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28568546/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
SCVJeff wrote:

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Might want to post a link to your other attic post so folks have background story.

This post for those that didn't see/remember other one is like coming in on the tail-end of a conversation.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Jeff - WA6EQU