cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Air Command AC/HP

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Am I the only one that purchased one of the units that no one can make run right ?
8 REPLIES 8

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic penguin, which is what was oriiginaly in the coach.. I let my favorite RVt tech ttalk me into the Atwood. The Atwood reportedly classed as 15,000 btu per him is actually closer to18,000. Think he was correct. Had great cooling, more air flow, much quieter all great. The heat pump just would not provide enough heat to raise the temp in the coach .like the domestics.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
imgoin4it wrote:
I did. Air conditioning work great, the heat pump never worked and never will. After numerous , I mean lots of time and lots of people,attempts to get it to heat never worked. It was never designed to heat like heat pumps in the rest of the world heat. After one year I took it out and got rid of the piece of junk

What did you replace it with ?

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
imgoin4it wrote:
Sounds pretty much like mine worked. 2 units ducted together. . Mine would put out heat until the sensor in the duct would register about 70 degrees then shut off. No where did it ever sense room temperature, consquently the room temp would never raise regardless of TStat setting. Inside the duct would stay at tabout 70 degrees, but never the coach. I talked to Dometic as did my RV tech many times about it. I talked to factory reps about . All said it was working exactly the way ir was designed by Atwood and since acquired by Dometic they had done no design changes especially to work with ducted systems. My Dometic units put out 100 to 110 temperature air until the room reaches thermostat setting. Atwood, unless Dometic has changed it in the last year or so, will never work that way.

Too bad the rv association does not assure that all products installed on rv's work and not just an inferior product with no recourse for the end user....

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds pretty much like mine worked. 2 units ducted together. . Mine would put out heat until the sensor in the duct would register about 70 degrees then shut off. No where did it ever sense room temperature, consquently the room temp would never raise regardless of TStat setting. Inside the duct would stay at tabout 70 degrees, but never the coach. I talked to Dometic as did my RV tech many times about it. I talked to factory reps about . All said it was working exactly the way ir was designed by Atwood and since acquired by Dometic they had done no design changes especially to work with ducted systems. My Dometic units put out 100 to 110 temperature air until the room reaches thermostat setting. Atwood, unless Dometic has changed it in the last year or so, will never work that way.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Bob Vaughn wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:
I installed 2- both work fine on heat or cool.

Were these two the DUCTED units? or were they the NON ducted models?

Both ducted on a single rig. Operation is kind of odd- the indoor blower only comes on when the coil is hot, so it cycles a bit, but never blows only warm air.
-- Chris Bryant

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:

Were these two the DUCTED units? or were they the NON ducted models?

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
-- Chris Bryant

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
I did. Air conditioning work great, the heat pump never worked and never will. After numerous , I mean lots of time and lots of people,attempts to get it to heat never worked. It was never designed to heat like heat pumps in the rest of the world heat. After one year I took it out and got rid of the piece of junk
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler