cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Bank/ Inverter Question

howardq99
Explorer
Explorer
My goal is to build a semi-portable system to transfer between my house and my trailer. I have twelve 285W Silevo solar panels four of which I will be mounting on the trailer and eight for the house. I will be using a Midnite Solar Classic 150 charge controller, four 6V Fullriver DC250 AGM Batteries and I have one Xantrex Prowatt SW2000 12V Inverter.

What I am hoping to do is to configure the four batteries in series for 24V to be able to maximize the power harvest of the eight solar panels at my house (the Midnite string sizing tool will allow this 24V battery configuration with four parallel strings of two panels). If I drop the battery bank down to 12V I can only use four panels at a time.

My question is can I configure the 12 volt inverter to be used with a Blue Sea 9001e dual bank battery switch to pull power from each 12V set of two batteries (so to speak a sub-bank 1 and sub-bank 2) while keeping all four wired in series? The Blue Sea switch has a setting for bank 1, bank 2 or banks 1+2.

Thanks for your input!
2004 Ford Excursion 4X4 PSD
Firestone Airbags, Hellwig Anti-Sway Bar, Landyot Radius Rods,
Donahoe Racing 3" Lift, Prodigy & Silverstars

2006 ATC Custom Trailer w/Hensley Arrow Hitch
Yamaha Warrior & Banshee
Honda XR650L Thumper
15 REPLIES 15

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
You really want a 24v inverter. Very common.
That switch is not designed to change voltage configuration.
And no you cannot draw 12v from all four at the same time as they are in series.