cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best bang for the buck Golf Cart battery

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
The dealer we are buying our toy hauler from will be putting two golf cart batteries in it tomorrow. I will have to bring the batteries as their battery guy will not be there in time to deliver golf cart batteries. I am looking at two of these from Costco. Does htis seem to be the most cost GC battery?
I was hoping to put 4 in, but do to space, we are only able to fit 2.

https://www.costco.com/interstate-6-volt-golf-cart-battery.product.100476406.html
32 REPLIES 32

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobsallyh wrote:
Sams Club or Costco. Although there are some people reporting that are having problems with newer Costco 6 volt batteries.

I have one pair of Trojan GC2 and one set of SamsClub. Both work fine but the Samsclub's were 40% less and about 80 miles driving to the dealer with the Trojans.

These Lithium battery lovers never mention the price which is well over $1000/battery. Maybe they will last a lot longer but they have not been in use long enough in RV's to tell. You can buy a lot of golf cart 6V batteries for the price of one Lithium and as he mentioned their performance drops like a rock in cool weather.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sams Club or Costco. Although there are some people reporting that are having problems with newer Costco 6 volt batteries.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you won't be in cold weather consider LI chemistries.

If you will be in cold weather consider SiO2 chemistries.

Both of the above are a lower "cost per cycle" than anything else.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.