cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you channel Winegard Carryout gm1518 signal to a 2nd tv?

cannesdo
Explorer
Explorer
Can you put splitters on the two coax cables and run them to another tv? Then can you watch different channels on that 2nd tv?
10 REPLIES 10

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
Just to clear up, it does sound like the Winegard Carry Out will let you feed 2 different receivers (obviously on the same satellite) but you do not use a splitter, you use both outputs from the Carry Out.

If you want up 3 or 4 receivers, you could use a multiswitch like Ken mentioned (although only a 2x4 and not a 4x4 like in his picture).

N5LUI
Explorer
Explorer
I've got a carry-out and i can run two tv's ,one living area and in bedroom on different channels at the same time, but i use a 311 reciever with a splitter to split to both rooms. So it can be done. Thanks

jmanatee
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Your Carryout can only receive stations from one satellite at a time. While it does support feeding two separate receivers (via a second cable), both TV's must watch channels that are on the same satellite.

+1
Jon

RV Web Site | 50 Night Cross Country Trip
Our Solar Install | Roof Replacement Project

Twenty years from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you
didn't do than by things you did. Explore, Dream, Discover. Mark Twain

2010 Keystone Everest 348R

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Yes with two receivers on same bird.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Your Carryout can only receive stations from one satellite at a time. While it does support feeding two separate receivers (via a second cable), both TV's must watch channels that are on the same satellite.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

tanman32225
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure if I have the same unit as your referring to but mine is the wingard carry about. it looks like a white dome that sits on the ground or tripod. Mine has two outputs that allow two different sat receivers to be attached at the same time. Yes you can watch different channels at the same time as long as you have two receiver boxes.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might be able to play games with a RADIO SHACK MULTI-SWITCH unit... We used to use a MULTI-SWITCH back in the early days of SAT TV. The downside back then was the scan rate for the switch was poor and you would experience some flickering in the channels as the MULTI-SWITCH would do its scanning.

might look something like this...

I get away here using a standard dual channel SAT DISH and just run RG cables from each DISH channel to two separate SAT TV RECEIVERS in the trailer... Then I use the VIDEO OUTPUTs of the SAT RCVR to feed a separate VIDEO INPUT channel on the TV SET which I can select using the TV remote.

Have no idea how any of this would work with a Winegard Carryout unit.

Just food for thought...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

michelb
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have one but from the website / manual, it looks like it will work with 2 tvs and has 2 sat outputs.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
You cannot put a splitter on it, but you can run a second coax cable for a second receiver with a different channel, as long as they are the same satellite.
From Winegard- 2 different TVs, 2 different programs, 2 much fun! Watch 2 TVs with different programming at the sam...
-- Chris Bryant

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
The carry out is a single LNB antenna, it can only work with one receiver.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore