cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use all terminals in parallel connection?

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not much of an electrical guy myself so I thought I would ask if you can use all the terminals in a parallel connected battery..Ofcourse one positive off of one battery and one negative off the other goes to the coach or load but can the other two be used for say charging?

As shown in the picture,the two center positive and negative terminals..Can these be used for charging or say accessories?

Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04
19 REPLIES 19

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Balanced connections are even more important for these batteries with very low internal resistance and flat voltage discharge curve.
Get the bus and clean it up.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
This is what I have for multiple loads off the battery. The bus bar is full now - last slot used by breaker for inverter.

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have it wired as shown above for all loads as of now,I'm wanting to just charge with alligator clips or ad another accessory without using the already almost full, positive and negative post..I guess a bus bar is in order...

Thanks
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Short answer is you may yes.

Now on very heavy amp devices.. Like a 2000 watt inverter.. Wire as shown above.. Even a large converter (say 50 amps or more) likewise.

But for most loads.. like phone chargers which typically draw in the single amps range.. No problem at all.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times