cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carefree windshield shade

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Safari Cheetah with Carefree of Colorado windshield shades, both electric. When coming off the freeway I hit some bumps (have gone over the same ones for 13 years) and the passenger side shade fell off. The two plastic fittings theat hold the shade to the ceiling both broke. I called Carefree and they haven't made this model in years and no longer support the product. The numbers on the shade are: DT 4293; SN 2075514529 and PN QFO43MA36L. Does anyone know when I could find the two end cap attachment pieces? Thanks
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad
5 REPLIES 5

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
As noted above, perhaps time for some DIY Aluminum. Easy to work.

Got a picture?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

gswcgi
Explorer
Explorer
I contacted Markarios and they couldn't help.
'03 Safari, DP, 36" Nissan 4X4 toad

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I needed an odd plastic part and I forget how I reached them, but Makarios RV sourced it for me. They directed me toa source and didn't even get a sale. I was amazed how helpful they were.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Problem with a lot of older plastic stuff like that is the 'new old stock' is just as deteriorated as what you have. You might want to consider making something out of metal to replace the fittings.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try doing a google search just putting a model # in the search box. Sometimes you can come up with old parts. Otherwise, maybe at an rv salvage place?