Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Change out the Lippert HydraGear Standard Haldek

cmt246
Explorer
Explorer
New to this but just can't get the info needed from Lippert
I have a leaking resivior have replaced the o ring once and would like to change out the whole unit with a Lippert 643150.
My coach is a 03 Keystone Sprinter 305rk hp with two slides. The model number above is rated at 1.4 gpm cannot get that info on the original unit, to know if it's a good selection for a replacement . Appreciate your in put Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did my changeout project today. Noticed the nuts securing the terminals to the motor and trombetta on the new pump were all loose. Loosened nuts holding the cables enough to get 1/2 wrench on them then snug the cable nuts down.

Everything matched. Mounting holes, switch mounting holes, hose connections, and wiring. Nothing had to be added or removed. Re-used the hose adapters, O-Rings were good. Had to remove hose from adapter then adapter from pump with 9/16. Then removed pump mounting nuts/bolts 7/16 and switch bracket screws 1/4.

Poured ATF into the reservoir and it ran beautifully. Purged itself right away.

Trailer was high enough to be able to almost sit by the pump. Grimy oily job since it had been leaking for years trapping dirt and leaves in the leaked ATF.

For all this, I earned a country club buffet breakfast with omelets to order, a shower, deli lunch and some hugs. A very good day.

This thread was very encouraging getting me started. Thanks! I appreciate it!
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
THANKS!!! I'll prepare for adding a ground, not worry about wrenches, and pray for good O-Rings.

cmt246
Explorer
Explorer
No tubing wrenches needed. 1/2 - 5/8 open end. If it was like mine you will have tee's off the pump on the pump side of the tee there is a jam nut loosen the nut first then the tee will remove easily, you will need to reuse the tee so be careful not to damage the o ring.
One other thing you might need to be prepared for is adding a ground wire. On my factory install it grounded from the battery to the pump body, which was metal and made a good ground, not the case for the ground lug on the new pump so a drill and a little wiring may be needed.
All in all simple job once the tranny fluid is all cleaned up.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Glad to hear a success story. My brother has one of those pumps waiting for me help install. Pretty sure it's same pump... I remember 0-psi from the link he sent me. Seems there are many leakers out there.

Do I need tubing wrenches for the hydraulic lines or will ordinary mechanic wrenches be OK?

Job's out of town so I'd like to bring proper type and size.

cmt246
Explorer
Explorer
New pump is in, gave me the opportunity to clean up the original install and works great
So the long and short of it is the 643150 will replace the old model pump/motor for at least two slide coach.
Thanks Doug,
Mike

cmt246
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, Thanks for the advise, new unit is ordered.
I will follow up after the change out.
I have one more issue that may be corrected with the new unit or not and maybe you have an opinion. After slides have been extended, before they will retract I have to pull a wire off of each solenoid so they reset is that caused by holding the switch to long after extension? Or weak solenoid
Thanks
Mike

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
cmt246 wrote:
Doug , am I checking pressure to confirm matching pressure output between the two units, or the safety aspect of pulling hoses with out relieving pressure.
A little confused
Wish LCI could just tell me that this replacement option
Thanks Mike

Sorry for the confusion. ALL LCI pumps for Slides/Jacks will have the same operating pressure. I was just letting you know that GPM never factors in. I check pressure with a 5000 psi gauge to verify operating pressure. That lets me know if the Pump is at spec. You just gently crack the hose fittings to allow the pressure to seep out. Usually done in 5 minutes. use a catch pan. Doug

cmt246
Explorer
Explorer
Doug , am I checking pressure to confirm matching pressure output between the two units, or the safety aspect of pulling hoses with out relieving pressure.
A little confused
Wish LCI could just tell me that this replacement option
Thanks Mike

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
GPM is not the criteria on a Slide or Jack pump. The PSI is. LCI pumps run in the 2400 to 2800 psi range. ALL you need to worry about is the fittings that the pump runs and the various valves. Doug

cmt246
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for getting back to me, how would I check system pressure the pump I would like to use specs at 1.4 gpm at 0 psi?
Thanks

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
I Google 643150 Lippert. Looks like quite a few options in the three to four hundred dollar range. Make sure to test your original system pressure before disassembly.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine