cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Coleman 7300 Hard start kit

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a little help finding what I need to try to run a coleman RVP 7300 AC on a '94 prowler off a smaller generator. Did searching but struggling finding what I need for the kit.

Thanks
24 REPLIES 24

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Go by the numbers over the position- as long as they are 1 2 and 5.
-- Chris Bryant

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
it has the numbers, they are just in a different position as the picture on my trailer is all.

and Im not sure what that pic shows you posted, I guess I don't fully understand the connections on this thing, sorry.

I know the relay is simple, just not sure what way the power should be going through everything.

And on the new cap, does it matter what side of it is hooked to what? it has no markings on the terminals

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
Your diagram shows the start kit and it uses the common potential relay numbering. 5-2-1 = common-start-run. Doesn't your relay have 5,2 and 1 on it? If not, you can ohm it and determine the coil and contact terminals. Craig
I found this doing a search
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://neilorme.com/pics/potential.relay.ladder.jpg&imgrefurl=http://neilorme.com/csr_motor.shtml&h=725&w=800&sz=38&tbnid=l6EikUUyYVKQUM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=99&zoom=1&usg=__11GkUjHSo4TvIxI-RfJRE9jH-ic=&docid=hSKrI--obhuusM&sa=X&ei=5wU2Uq7eHqiPiALq0oHwCQ&ved=0CIEBEPUBMAc&dur=3802
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
ok, the numbers on my relay are not the same on the diagram though, does that matter? Should I go by number, or by position on the relay?

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Just follow the wiring diagram- terminal 5 on the relay splices in to the purple->black line to the compressor, terminal 2 jumpers to one side of the run capacitor (red wire), terminal 1 goes to the start capacitor (yellow wire), then from the start capacitor to the other side of the run capacitor (yellow wire).
It's a pain they didn't send new jumpers.
-- Chris Bryant

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
Any advice on how to connect this all up? Nothing came with any instructions, the cap is obvious, but want to make sure to connect the relay correctly

Thanks

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
Oh ok, thanks a bunch, off to order more goodies

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
He meant Coleman- the real start relay is part number 1497-4131 for the relay, 1497-0891 for the capacitor. Both come up on Google searches.
-- Chris Bryant

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
ok, thanks all, Ill look for the dometic kit first, then the SPP6E

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
While you're in there, do Chris' Cleanup Process on it.

Correct, no Start Kit. Compressor Run Cap is on the Left, Fan Run Cap is on the right. There's a review somewhere showing how Dometic's kit does the best startup work. Chris says the OEM Coleman Start Kit is better than SUPCO SPP6E, but he recommends the "E" series over the series like SPP6. Coleman also had a Start Kit that was Capacitor plus PTCR as opposed to plus Relay. Only the Relay/Cap setup is shown on your yellow wiring diagram. Our diagram shows both that setup and the PTCR version, but both are optional.

Notice that even though there's a relay, a capacitor and a handful of wires, only two wires (shown dashed/broken since the feature's an option) end up on the Compressor Run Capacitor Terminals. Other than securing the device in place, all the "wiring" takes is to push a connector onto the two Run Cap terminals, and there is no polarity issue. That would hold for Coleman parts and the two SUPCO devices. I do not know how the Dometic kit connects.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That does not have a start kit installed. The problem with using a Honda EU2000 is that it is so marginal that you may be able to get it to start sometimes, but if you go up in altitude at all, or it get hot, even the running watts will be over the rating- remember, it is only a 1600 watt generator.
-- Chris Bryant

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
I see the optional capacitor is not there. Right?

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, took the cover off, here is what it is:

MooneyAviator
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Ill still get up there and check as soon as I have the time.