Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Converter issue

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning,
Converter issue with parallax power 7345....
Plugged in to shore power ac running (100+) degrees with family staying over the 4th.

Ran ac for about 5 hours, fridge on. Turned on 3 lights and water pump then the converter breaker kicked off . Won't reset.

Lights going dim while trying to reset last night.

Today going to charge batteries and clean inside of converter.

Am I going in right direction? Any ideas?
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500
10 REPLIES 10

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is the one I replaced my 7345 with. Whatever you decide, talk to Randy at this website. He will not steer you wrong.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just replaced my 7345 with a new converter from best ,co . esy to do took about an hr.

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
KJINTF wrote:
Jester

As others stated
Unplug the converter AC side - see if the circuit breaker is OK
Plug it back in and check again
Might want to disconnect the wire to the battery and measure the output voltage which should be about 13.6 or so
If failed they are easy to repair .... typically runs about $45.00 plus shipping
If dead and you decide to purchase a new multistage unit I would be happy to take the dead one off your hands and pay the shipping

KJ

Will definitely keep that in mind.
Thank you.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
KJINTF wrote:
Sounds like the input side of the converter is shot - dust keeps that nasty heat trapped inside and heat destroys electronics

AC run? - I guess that depends on your thermostat and how it is powered - all you need is a charged Battery - get a portable battery charger and connect it up

Thank you to all..

Air cond is running via battery charger. Thermostat is 12 v.

Now I'm shopping for a new converter.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

KJINTF
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the input side of the converter is shot - dust keeps that nasty heat trapped inside and heat destroys electronics

AC run? - I guess that depends on your thermostat and how it is powered - all you need is a charged Battery - get a portable battery charger and connect it up

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
Will the ac run without the converter? It would not when the converter was installed.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

JESTER7406
Explorer
Explorer
Breaker trips immediately when reset. Like a short. Pulled converter out and dumped enough dust out to plant medium sized garden.
Happy Trails,
Jesse
2006 Cheverolet 2500

KJINTF
Explorer
Explorer
Jester

As others stated
Unplug the converter AC side - see if the circuit breaker is OK
Plug it back in and check again
Might want to disconnect the wire to the battery and measure the output voltage which should be about 13.6 or so
If failed they are easy to repair .... typically runs about $45.00 plus shipping
If dead and you decide to purchase a new multistage unit I would be happy to take the dead one off your hands and pay the shipping

KJ

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
X2, what RJ said. Mine was doing this a little while ago, turned out the converter was shot. I had another one so I just used that and sent my old one to KJ (member here).

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Breaker won't reset,....like it just won't reset, or it trips right back atcha when you try to reset it ? If so, there is a short in the converter. Otherwise it would be a defective breaker
Disconnect the conv, then try to reset.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.