cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Custom Crafted Coach slider

MikeSW214
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some information. My motor home has a slide installed by a company who is now out of business, Custom Crafted Coach out of Minonk IL. From what I been told they used to do the slides for MCI. I cannot verify any of that. What I am look for is cable routing Diagram. I have a broken cable on the rear of the slide I have a ton of slack and no pulleys without cable and not enough room to see where the broken cable should be attached. Any one familiar with this company? Have any info on this slide? Know an old employee who could help? I am on my own here the two local RV repair guys had the deer in the headlight look when asked to look at it. If I cant find where this cable goes I will be removing the whole slide when I get back to work in Aug.
9 REPLIES 9

MikeSW214
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to add if you look at the middle pic. that was after I ran it a few time. this gave the cables time to stretch and settle. This is also key. and why I would do them one at a time till there "cured" for lack of a better term.

MikeSW214
Explorer
Explorer
So finely tackled this project. 2 weekends, 1 to reverse engineer it. Second to make the repairs.
One I now know more about this side than I ever wanted to. Two I found 2 hidden pulley system for the bottom that where in the wheel well and storage compartment that if I would have found before would have made life a little easier. I figured the top would be like the bottomโ€ฆ..NOPE.
If anyone need info on this system (nothing like the Accu-Slide) email me I will give you my phone number we can talk. Would be better than trying to type it all out in a post or email. A few notes. Adjustment is key with cable systems. Second Do one cable at a time. I know this sounds like common sense but with mine one loop attached to the chain drive what routed to two cable. Cut one swage reroute top the do the same to the bottom. 8 new cables used 75 ft of 1/8 cable and a million swages. And one near catastrophe. Yes I lowered the forklift to much. One inch down bye bye window up awning gone.
Ohโ€ฆ. Forgot one bottle of Advilโ€ฆโ€ฆGetting old is for the birds.

Adjusted and back in

Running in and out but not adjusted yet

And the Oops...

MikeSW214
Explorer
Explorer
thanks guys. I have concluded that I am going to need to remove the slide. Good thing I have shop at my disposal that this is will not be a big issue. It will also let me do a few upgrade to a few thing they did i don't like and find my lost end of the broken cable.

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
You can find the info at http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml- scroll to the bottom of the page.
Thanks Chris.

This is the site I downloaded all my files from. I looked a few weeks ago and the web site was down for some reason & I was happy I had filed the downloads.

Mike, ... this is all the same info I was going to send you. Ignore my PM and grab what you need from Chris's link, its all there.

-Corkey
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do not know that company but there is a company (ACCU-Slide) that still makes cable cars as I call them.. I have 2 of 'em.

There are basically two ways a cable car can work.. Accu-slide covers both of them in their manuals.. My suggestion would be to snag one of theirs..

Broke a cable once.. If you can get to both ends of teh cable it is easy to fix... but if the cable pulls out past the 1st pulley,, MAJOR PAIN.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
You can find the info at http://www.norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml- scroll to the bottom of the page.
-- Chris Bryant

MikeSW214
Explorer
Explorer
duplicate post

MikeSW214
Explorer
Explorer
wouldn't mind see them i'll pm you my email thanks

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, ... my 2008 Monaco has a cable slide that may be the same. My 2007 had the same cable slide as the 2008.

The maker is Accu-Slide. The cables, pulleys, and motor are inside the coach above the slideout in the wall behind the fascia of the slideout. The slideout fascia must be removed to access any of the mechanism.

They make a special tool (cable) to reroute a broken cable with a new one that looks a lot like a long cable with a Chinese finger puzzle attachment on the end to grab the new cable and pull it through all the hidden pulleys. Whatever you do DON"T pull out the old broken cable as it's needed to pull the new one through the correct pulley's.

I have all the repair manuals, plus video's of the cable repair I would be happy to share if you send me your email address. The video files are quite large (17MB) so I hope your email can handle the size. The manuals are small enough to send email without issues.

If you're interested let me know.

-Corkey
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292