cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DISBELIEVING ADVERTISEMENTS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I made a living doing forensic engineering studies with a particular consumer product.

When somebody or something (Manufacturer) "Has A Dog In The Fight" they are going to go out of their way to skew, bias, manipulate and in some cases outright lie about negatives if a negative would significantly negatively impact sales. Has this changed since the 1980's the end of the decade marked my Swan Song in my Studies in my field?

If you believe corporate ethics has undergone a born-again shift to honesty I have sad news for you.

And I always keep in mind on this forum that an individual's personal experience and reporting is sacred ground. Third rail subject of integrity - touch it and you die (credibility). To clarify to declare as bunk someone's personal experience as being (BUNK) is the same as plunging a dagger into your belly and yanking upward in my book.

-Just my thoughts
21 REPLIES 21

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Ever heard of a troll? They're alive and well in many forums. Like those that come on here and their very first post is a long diatribe slamming a particular rv and then they disappear. Negative advertising?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
The good news is: you can't put anything on the internet unless it's true.
I heard that on a TV commercial so, I know it's true. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow!!! I didn't know that. :S
Thanks. I'll go and buy some of the miracle engine additive that will boost my mileage by over 100%.

ed
๐Ÿ™‚

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I think it has nothing to do w/ RV Tech issues !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
The good news is: you can't put anything on the internet unless it's true.
I heard that on a TV commercial so, I know it's true. ๐Ÿ™‚

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I think the OP's topic is biased and BUNK. :B

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
:h
๐Ÿ™‚

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
Well....except for those folks who've been away from Planet Earth for awhile, I think everyone's pretty well aware that one can't believe everything one reads/sees in an ad.
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien