cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Disconnect switch not reconnecting

tiffanyscottxx
Explorer
Explorer
We have a โ€˜99 National Surfside RV. The disconnect switch got pushed and will not reconnect. We have no power to anything even while being plugged into electric. Weโ€™ve tried to push it again to reconnect several times but nothing happens. This disconnect is not for โ€œstorageโ€ itโ€™s for maintenance. Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As someone said the battery has to have a charge to operate the solenoid.

Test battery by any means. Voltmeter or my favorite the test light (it's a device that looks like a clear plastic handled ice pick with a wire coming out the handle) Bright light = Good charge. NO light or Dim light you can figure out.

IF Bright (12 volts or more on voltmeter works too)

*** this is for remotely operated Solenoid type like the Intelletec Battery Control System*****

Find the fuse that feeds the switch OR... Disconnect the switch OR. lift all negative cables (IN short remove all power) The fuse if you can ID it is easiest.

Now cycle the rocker switch USE/Store (On/off) like 50=100 times

Restore power and see if it works.

IF it does
Consider this questions
Should I buy lotto tickets cause when you hot you hot
Should I refrain from buying lotto tickets cause I've used up my allotment of luck for the week?

Note it worked for me
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The battery disconnects, in most cases, are a mechanical latching relay. They are normally left in "on" position. They can be turned off for storage. Yes they can be turned off for some maintenance however system must be checked to insure the circuit is off.
If you have problems finding the battery control center or location of disconnect, follow the house battery(ies) positive cable to them.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I had a simular problem this year. It ended up being the solenoid valve was causing the problem. Find the solenoid valve and make sure you are getting power both to it and through it. If you have power to the valve but not through then the valve is not opening thus its bad and need to be replaced.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Use a meter to verify that the shore power is getting to 120 volt distribution.
Are the batteries charged?
The AUX switch connects to a relay that ties the chassis 12 volt DC system to the house 12 volt DC system.
Have you located the 12 volt DC battery control panel?
What chassis is the rig on?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

tiffanyscottxx
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. The receptacle is good. This disconnect is not for โ€œstorageโ€ itโ€™s to disconnect all power for maintenance. I tried the โ€œauxโ€ switch on dash which i have no idea what thatโ€™s for but didnโ€™t help. I also already checked circuit breakers.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Battery disconnects have to have power in battery. If you have auxiliary start button, push it while helper pushes connect.
Battery disconnect switches are normally momentary. don't hold switch in.
Disconnect should have no affect on shore power. Is receptacle good? what kind of receptacle? Check 120 volt circuit breakers in the rig.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow