cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Network Satellite Question

Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an old Dish SD 322 receiver and Winegard GM-MP1 satellite for my camper. The SD 322 was the original receiver in our home prior to upgrading to HD. At that point, I moved the 322 to the camper to watch sat TV on 1 TV. Works great, looks great. I recently installed a second TV in the bedroom, but am unable to mirror feed the second TV with this system.

Dish is telling me the MP1 in unable to mirror feed. Is this true?
Dish is telling me there are not any dishes available that will allow me to mirror feed. I need a receiver in each room. Is this true? They are pushing the hopper and joey.

I have the original SD Dish 1000 used to mirror feed my home, but without the LNBs. Dish took them back

Are LNBs available for this? Is there a way to resurrect this old dish?

Is the Dish HD 1000.2 compatible with my SD 322 receiver?

I really don't want to change my whole system, everything has been working. It would be great if I can get satellite on the second TV just by changing the dish, if possible. I'm fine with SD in the camper.

Thank you in advance for any advice provided and helping me through this.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857
24 REPLIES 24

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I can't answer any of your questions. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in. You could also ask questions in the satellite forums on-line.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Explorer II
Explorer II
mchero wrote:
No such thing as mirror feed.
The Winegard GM-MP1, from info on the web,https://www.adventurerv.net/winegard-carryout-mp1-portable-manual-tailgate-satellite-dish-p-22395.ht...
I see that it supports 2 receivers. You will need a 2nd reciever.
Would you know if the MP1 is capable of providing a proper signal from a single cable to a dual tuner receiver through a DPP triplexer or diplexer? This is what Dish Network is telling me it can't do.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
2112 wrote:
My receiver is a dual tuner 322
that sounds like one of my receivers. one remote is operated line of sight and the other side is IR or UF or magic. don't remember how many leads there are from the dish however.
bumpy
You are correct sir. The remote for TV2 is UHF. There is an antenna on the back of the receiver for this remote.

I've learned a lot in the past 12 hours. I didn't realize what I have was new technology in 2004. This is really old stuff.

There are 3 ports on the the LNBF I'm looking at for the dish. I now realize that both 110 and 119 can be received from either of 2 of those ports. I thought 1 was 110 and the other was 119 and I needed to somehow tie them together. I still have not determined if the Dish 1000.2 will work with my 322 receiver.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
My receiver is a dual tuner 322.

that sounds like one of my receivers. one remote is operated line of sight and the other side is IR or UF or magic. don't remember how many leads there are from the dish however.
bumpy

Explorer II
Explorer II
My receiver is a dual tuner 322.

I discovered I have a Dish Pro Plus system. I suspect that my DPP triplexer has failed on the SAT 2 Output, and then I used an incompatible triplexer from the house to test it. I ordered a new DPP triplexer.

I found a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF head to mount on my old dish, but I haven't figured out how to combine the 3 outputs from it into a single cable. There is a part I haven't identified yet. This LNBF is $160. If I have to go there, I might as well just start over with a new system
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
No such thing as mirror feed.
The Winegard GM-MP1, from info on the web,https://www.adventurerv.net/winegard-carryout-mp1-portable-manual-tailgate-satellite-dish-p-22395.ht...
I see that it supports 2 receivers. You will need a 2nd reciever.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe I'm using the term mirroring wrong. The dish tech kept referring to it as mirroring.

I have 1 cable connected to the dish. It goes into the camper and connects to a triplexer behind the receiver. There are 3 cables coming out of the triplexer. One goes into SAT 1 Input and the other cable goes into SAT 2 Input on the receiver. I understood him as referring to that as mirroring. One dish cable feeding two receiver inputs. I do not use the 3rd cable on the triplexer. I have TV 2 connected directly to the receiver TV 2 output.

I can't get any signal out of SAT 2 of the triplexer. I can adjust the dish to get a signal strength of 50+ on SAT 1 but SAT 2 doesn't even recognize the dish is connected. I changed triplexers with a newer style from the house system and had no joy. He was saying my MP1 dish will not feed both outputs of the triplexer. I question that being accurate. How does the triplexer know what dish is connected to it? His next sentence was "We can upgrade you to Hopper". Throughout the whole conversation, all he wanted to do is upgrade me to Hopper.

This use to work in my house, but with a different dish.
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
What do you mean by mirror? If watching the same channel on two TV's I believe it is more the connections than the hardware. I must admit I pounded nails for a living but I do remember taking tubes out of the TV down to the local hardware store that had a tube tester and a supply of replacements.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
My setup as follows:
My Xfinity STB has RCA video/L-audio/R-audio.
From STB RCA out goes to "box with many buttons". Rear TV feed via RF (channel 3) Same channel as STB/front TV and std. def. but it works.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
don't know what mirror feed is but you certainly can feed two TVs from one receiver running the same programs,etc.
I have one receiver that has two receivers built in and can watch/operate individually.
bumpy