cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

duramax overheating

jmilner
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 duramax and have had a little overheating problem . I think I read in the Trailer life magazine that there was a guy who put a different radiator hose on his truck and it took care of the problem. I believe he had a hose with a 90 degree elbow and put one with two 45's witch he said that it cut down the restriction with the 90 and the water flowed better . I have been looking for the info so I can show it to my mechanic and see what he has to say about it. If you know where I can find this info I would appreciate it .
16 REPLIES 16

64thunderbolt
Explorer II
Explorer II
the 05's had an inherent issue with overheating when towing. I have a friend that has been fighting this for years. Another friend who owns a diesel performance shop said it's very common.
Glen
04 Tail gator XT 34' 5th wheel garage model
200w solar 2 GC2's 800w inv
Truma tankless WH
99 F350 CC DRW 7.3 ais intake, adrenaline hpop, JW valve body,
cooling mist water inj, DP tunes, 4" exh sys
trucool trans cooler added
2011 RZR 900xp

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
This sounds improbable IMHO. I recommend you get 2nd and 3rd opinions. I first became a little more skeptical about claims when a young man in Moron Country California emphatically insisted his TR-3 Triumph would not crank unless there was a steel chain dangling from the bumper making "earth ground" contact. The year was 1966l.

The best opinions come from radiator shops AFTER they have pressure tested your system and cap.