cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

EPSolar MT50 problem!!

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
My less-than-a-year old EPSolar MT50 remote readout is showing "connecting" on the screen and will not do anything through the buttons. The green connect light is not on. When disconnecting and reconnecting the RJ45 at the controller, the MT50 will light up the face, but only shows "connecting".

Since supplier is in our 51st state of China, I thought I would ask on here while awaiting a reply from them.

Anyone seen this or heard of??? Nothing in manuals aboot this problem.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles
5 REPLIES 5

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas!! To those who pointed toward the controller, it is working fine. It is the MT50 remote readout that is having a problem. My fault for not defining in my orig post that the controller is still working fine.

Have "rebooted" once, will try again and recheck. Seller will replace for 1/2 price shipped!! I guess not bad, considering how much it would cost to return to China and wait for how long!!!
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles

MrWizard
YES I have the grape solar 40, it's not mppt
But I love the blue tooth connection to my tablet and phone for setup and monitoring
The app has a little bug and reports the wrong kwhr..total
But the amps reading, voltage etc,, are all good
Grape Solar is working on the app, said they would email me a link for download when the new one is ready
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
disconnect solar
disconnect battery
wait 30 minutes
reconnect battery
reconnect solar

Likely there are no user serviceable parts. If so look for the Grape 40 amp controller. Mr Wizard is using one IIRC.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try rebooting it by disconnecting the solar panels and battery then reconnect.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only thing I can suggest is to check and clean all the connectors. That is standard advice for any electronic problem like that. Look at the connecting cable too and make sure it isn't damaged. RJ45 connectors are notorious for going bad, replace the cable if nothing else works.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper