cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fixing a peeling wall

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
What looks like either wall paper, or one layer of plywood that has de-laminated. I know the cause was water. The leak has been fixed and is no longer a problem.

What are my options to fix it.
I tried to just spray glue on it, but, either I did it wrong, or it just won't hold.

It doesn't have to be that pretty, but it does need to stop peeling and no longer look peeled.
7 REPLIES 7

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
You might try 3M aerosol contact cement available at auto body supply shops...

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
You can try it. Not sure how you will get the glue in behind it. But if you can get glue in there, sure.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

swimmer_spe
Explorer
Explorer
OP here, So, I cannot just glue it back in place? It's about 4' square and has a window at the bottom of it.

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
When I had a water leak, it damaged the luan of the wall. It was "crunchy" if you poked your finger at it.

I used a metal scraper tool to carefully pry/rip off the old luan and then I used contact cement to glue wood paneling in its place. I did the same inside the shower except I used fiberglass paneling there.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
If it were me I would either remove the luan that is there or cover over the old luan with new. Luan is 1/8 inches thick. If the luan is stapled to the wall use staples to make it adhere. You can then paint or paper with a vinyl type wall covering.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
How large an area. Would a picture frame or wall hanging work?
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
When I had similar issue I removed the old wallpaper - made sure the area was bone dry and then applied a stain blocker type white paint. I then found new matching wallpaper and applied using std wallpaper paste.
Kevin