cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FloPure Water Softener

jheppner
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Old-Biscuit, or anyone else who knows the answer to my question.

We have now used our brand new FloPure Water Softener for at least six weeks and when we test the water it still reads 1.5 gpg. We have been in Utah, Nevada and southwest Arizona the whole time where, supposedly the water is very hard, and have used the softener constantly. We have showers, do dishes and use a washer in the normal course of our days. Have you any idea why the reading is staying so good?
4 REPLIES 4

jheppner
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Old-Biscuit:

The regeneration of our water softener went off without a hitch. Between your help and the instructions, we got the job done and the water is right back to the best reading you can get.

jheppner
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Old-Biscuit

Today, after a week on the Colorado, I tested our water and it reads 7 gpg. Must be time to regenerate.

jheppner
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Old-Biscuit, for your quick reply. Now that you've done the calculations for me, I see why we haven't had to regenerate yet. I was testing the water in every campground but when we got to River Island State Park, which is right on the Colorado, we know how bad their water is.

We absolutely love our water softener. The main reason we bought it was to try to prolong the parts on our Twin Temp hot water/furnace system. With the hard water, normally in six months our mixing valve gums up with calcium and we have sporadic hot water and need to find an RV shop to fix the Twin Temp. Not all shops understand the Twin Temp system, so sometimes this is a difficult repair. We don't know if its helping the mixing valve but all the other benefits are wonderful; lots of soap suds, soft skin, no calcium ring around the sink and shower, no plugged faucets, etc. We also use the softened water to wash the truck to stop the water spotting.

You bet we love our water softener!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IF I remember correctly you have the Mark 10,000 unit (will treat 10,000 grains of hardness)
So if water source is 10gpg it would treat 1000 gallons before needing regen

With an output of 1.5gpg the softener is still removing minerals.
This is also a brand new unit with first run resin.....not used/regenerated.

Have you tested the hardness of the water source?

I quit even using the test strips after first package ran out.
I could tell my taste/feel when water was no longer 'soft' and would do a regen then.
Ours was an 8000 grain softener and would last about 1 month with 2 adults

How do you like yours?
Is it doing what you thought it would?
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31