cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom 15 Inverter/Battery Charger

klparker
Explorer
Explorer
Have 2001 Itasca Horizon, with Freedom 15 Inverter/Charger. When connected to 50amp shore power only the fridge and AC works. No electrical outlets. Turn inverter on via xantrex Freedom basic remote and outlets run. The remote does not indicate AC in when it is and does not appear to be charging batteries. Have checked/tested breakers and they are OK. Have unplugged positive cable from batteries to reset inverter, have unplugged telephone line from remote and reconnected and remote still does not recognize shore power or power from generator. In addition have installed new batteries and remote indicates battery amp is running down and not recharging. Help appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

landlordy
Explorer
Explorer
I cant believe this have you seen my post parker? I have the EXACT same issue w a freedom 10. Mr Wizard has been helping me but it is still not solved. I actually bought a freedom 20 off of ebay and swapped the unit and still have the exact same issue. My control panel also does not show shore power in and I have done all the other tests that you have done as well. I am very interested to see what you find. It's been maddening for me as my rv is brand new (to me).

MrWizard
Sorry to say this but it might be time for a replacement
Xantrex bought 'Heart' many years ago, and does not service these old freedom units

As a temporary fix for getting Power to the outlets
You can remove the 110 input and output wires from the freedom and connected them together
Get an electrician or electrical friend to do this for you, unplug from shore power while doing this
Then connect a battery charger to the batteries, so they don't go dead
You need 12v power to run the water pump and the fridge controls etc.

When my freedom-10 died i replaced it with separate devices converter and inverter, this may not work in your situation. (mine did not power all my outlets, only 4 of them)
You might need to get another combo unit aka (inverter & charger)
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

klparker
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the housebreakers (several dedicated to converter). Gave it a few good smacks and no change. The fuses on the front were no protruding but gave the several presses anyway. With shore of generator no ac at any outlets. The remote board shows no AC with either being utilized. Anything on runs directly thru batteries. Can turn on inverter at board and it hums but it is no recharging batteries.

MrWizard
Testing breakers they are ok
I take that to mean, house hold breakers

Did you push and reset the push button breakers on the front of the freedom inverter

Also take the palm off your hand or a rubber mallet and smack the top of the inverter
The pass thru relays could be stuck in the inverter mode
So no shore power goes to the charge section

It's also possible you have a control board failure
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s