cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

freezer works refer doesn't

jb3vairs
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to figure out why my RV frig does not get cold in the gas mode but the freezer does?
11 REPLIES 11

sc3283
Explorer
Explorer
and keep the RV level while parked
04 D-Max Crew Dually

96 Monaco Dynasty 36'

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Also, stop opening the door to check it every hour...it will take even longer to get cold. If the freezer is getting cold, the main box will soon follow.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Consider buying/using a remote thermometer - one that allows you to read the temperature using a control base outside the fridge - allows you to keep the fridge door closed while satisfying your curiosity on fridge temp.
Kevin

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
we put a half gal frozen jug in the frig part to help speed things up. this not your house frig ,things will not cool as well. only open the frig when need be and don,t stare and look open close as soon as possible . start your frig on propane it cools faster and 24hrs before is best. freezer should get to 10deg frig in the mid 30,s

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
If, after an appropriate period of time, the fridge is cold, do not fill it with non refrigerated stuff or it will have to start over. Pre-cool and pre-freeze anything that goes in there. Not to say you cannot add anything not already cooled, just not a bunch of stuff at one time.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

jb3vairs
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks a lot. You've all probably figured out I am new to this RV stuff. My wife and I are very much looking forward to traveling. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Yes on giving it 24 hours. If after that time if it is still not cooling down it may mean it is buying time again. ๐Ÿ™‚

rposgood
Explorer
Explorer
Thought I had the same issue. Let it run overnight then check. Mine took at least 12 hours to cool.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
I usually allow at least 24 hours to pre-cool the fridge before a trip. And then I put only pre-frozen and pre-cooled food in it.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

jb3vairs
Explorer
Explorer
I had it on over 4 hours and the thermometer only read 60 degrees when I stuck it between the cooling fins on the back of the frig.

mockturtle
Explorer II
Explorer II
It takes the refrigerator a LOT longer to cool than the freezer. Or are you saying it never does cool down?
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8