cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge Still Not Cold On Gas

dano73
Explorer
Explorer
I've posted this problem before, just an update on whats going on now. It's an older dometic 25 yrs,to be exact that works fine on ac. It seems to be fine for a few days on gas and than starts to defrost? Recently we were out for a week, dry camping.I have cleaned the burner, chimney, and replaced the regulator. This time we were good for about 4 days, freezer loads up with frost,fridge is ok,but after that we noticed the fridge getting warmer, and the next day the freezer started defrosting. I checked the burner, it was still lit, the chimney was warm, moved what I could to cooler went to bed. Normally I would have shut it off, but I left it on this time. Next morning, checked the freezer it was freezing up again!!

Now I know theres no defrost cycle in this fridge, but is there any way that the frost buildup is shutting it down?? Just a thought cause I don't know. And yes the door seals are in pretty good shape, but it has been extremely humid, where I camp. Any thoughts??
17 REPLIES 17

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Had a similar problem on my fridge, but no frost. The freezer worked but the fridge didn't work on gas. The service guy pointed out that my model had a sliding thermostat lever on the back (unknown to me) and apparently had gotten slid down to the lowest setting. Also, there was a plastic "drain pipe" for lack of a better work that was suppose to have some kinda plastic valve on the end.
I guess it wasn't put on when installed (QC at it's finest) and he said that it had something to do with airflow backing up into the fridge. Honestly, I have no idea what he was talking about, but he said it fixed the problem.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
your geting way to much frost the doors are leaking, try this put a bungee cord across the door see if things get realy cold.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Frost build up will NOT shut down the refer. If works fine on 120 but not on gas
1. LP pressure NOT at 11.5 inches
2. Is the burner baffle installed in the chimney and if it is, is it in good repair(not burnt up or rusted out). The baffle is critical for correct LP operation
3. Are you at a higher than 5000 foot altitude? Doug