cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generac Guardian Quietpact 40G

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a nice used Class-C with the above generator in it.

It runs real good, and only has a little over 200 hours on it.

Anyone know anything about these RV generators? (it sure isn't very quiet).
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer
7 REPLIES 7

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
We have a G50 that is 1998 vintage built into our 5th wheel, this is the 3rd trailer its been in. The only time it has let us down is from old fuel,nothing to do wth the generator itself.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Wow....and here I thought product bashing was limited to Goodyear Tires ! LOLOL!

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Celso has a yard full of Generac corpses. I have been on so many Generac failure service calls I dread phone calls where someone starts off with "My Generac..." With Onan it was (years ago) "my Onan will start at the generator but not at the remote panel inside the rig" Always a PITA harness or connector failure.

I mean they ALL cannot fail at least I would hope so. Meanwhile I'll keep my distance...thank you

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
My Generac 5.5....2001....never a failure. Don't use it that much.....but it ran for 4 days straight during "Sandy" and powered quite a bit of my house.

With the RV, it powers 2 a/c, microwave and everything else without a wimper.

byronlj
Explorer
Explorer
My generac in my truck camper has never let me down. Notice my signature. The generator is probably 18 years old. Runs my air and all accessories including wifes hair dryer just fine. Yes, it is a little loud.
Dave
byronlj
2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3800RL

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like I better take an inverter generator along with me on a trip..... just in case.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Might want to peruse Consumer Reports and prepare yourself for a blizzard of black circles. Generac is the Tecumsah of small motors, the Yugo of auto infame. The Lucas of electricals.

Every industry must have its Red Headed Stepchild