cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

generator choke problem

stubpup11
Explorer
Explorer
I have a generac NP52G in a 94 gulfstream class C. The electric choke was replaced and appears to function but the linkage to the float butterfly keeps slipping off or past the end of the choke linkage. The choke activates but won't pull the butterfly closed thereby causing the engine to crank excessively before firing.
Anyone fight this battle? How did you fix it? Can I bend the linkage without altering it's function?
2 REPLIES 2

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
My Generac, a 5.5kW unit had a problem with the choke closing when starting also. The solenoid was was trying to close the butterfly,but was unable to do it. Upon checking it, I would just tap it and it would close. I noticed that the plastic cover over the solenoid was against the the linkage. Placed a spacer to move it out a little and have had no problems since. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several OP's here are members of the Smokstak Forums and this link is to the Generac section.
Most of us here seem to have ONAN gennys. A few have Generac so don't feel alone. Still, Smokstak may offer more help sooner.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB