cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Problems

johnep
Explorer
Explorer
I had low pressure in my 5er and removed the pressure regulator. The pressure increased and after about 4 hours I have only cold water in the kitchen faucet. I have lost all hot water and all water to the bathroom. I know I messed something up, but don't know where to begin. Any help would be welcome.
8 REPLIES 8

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Do NOT remove the Water heater drain plug, not neccesary, just open the Pop Off valve and see if water flows
2. Do you have a Whole House filter???? If so, it may be clogged. remove the element and reinstall without the element and see if you have water. Doug

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
It could be the supply is frozen to the hot also. Like old Biscuit said, get some heat in there and get things moving before anything breaks.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
johnep wrote:
I have no water to anything in the bathroom, hot or cold.

No hot......you stated you don't have hot in kitchen also so that is probably due to the check valve on water heater hot outlet.
Remove WH drain plug and check that you have water in it.

The lack of cold water in bathroom could be a frozen cold water supply line going to bathroom.
Check for cold water line running next to outside wall......open any cabinets/accesses and get some heat into that area.

There are no 'system' shutoff valves other than at sinks.
If you have water supply then all cold water should flow unless line is frozen
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

johnep
Explorer
Explorer
I have no water to anything in the bathroom, hot or cold.

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
+1 on the water heater check valve. If you can do it youself the replacement will cost you about $10. Have a look at it before you go to get the replacement as the thread setups can be different. It should be a male thread into the tank but the outside end can be either male or female thread depending on what you currently have. Any RV place should have them.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

calamus
Explorer
Explorer
If you are any where near us -9 below zero it might be frozen. Make sure the by pass valve is shut and water heater valves are open. Good luck
2015 3500HD Chevy Dually Duramax, 2008 Sundance 2014 22'SSX bennington pontoon

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Having cold water at faucet but no hot water is typically a stuck/broken check valve in Water Heater Hot outlet----they are internal on fitting at tank.

Loss of ALL water to bathroom.......
Does that mean bathroom sink, shower and toilet???
Don't know your bathroom set up
Having NO water (hot or cold) at a faucet is typically a plugged up aerator on end of faucet.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Moved from Forum Technical Support