cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Good electrical techs near Boise?

rv_russ
Explorer
Explorer
A fellow I know is having some difficulties with his fifth wheel electrical service -- from "long distance," it sounds as though he may have a fair bit of leakage in his 12-volt system. OK, more than a fair bit. He lives in the Boise, Idaho area and has been two a couple of different RV repair outfits, both of which "can't find anything wrong."

Anybody have a recommendation for a good troubleshooter out that way? I thought about maybe he might do better with a shop that specifically deals with electrical issues, but I know nothing of anyone's reputation up that way.

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

azpete
Explorer
Explorer
disconnect the negative battery cable. unhook the 110 volt cord from the pedestal or source.
hook an ohm meter between the cable and the battery. begin pulling fuses until the draw drops off. thats what the service tech should do.
the only place i know in boise is seventh heaven. i mostly work on hwh hydraulics, and have worked with them on some repairs. i think they are decent guys to work with, but i dont know about their billing.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
If he or you were to post what is wrong, maybe someone could help him out.