cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

GOOD SAM TRIP PLANNER

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening everyone. I don't know if this is the right forum is the right forum for this question.
I have tried to use the trip planner. I open the program, click on the first page where it says Plan A Trip. It opens the second page with the map of the US. Then nothing works.Am I mixxing something to make the program work? I would like to use the program to help plan trips.
I know there are other planners out there. Such as Garmin BaseCamp, FMCA Motorhome Trip Routing, Rv Trip Wizard. One feature I like in Trip Wizard, is that you can set the distance you want to drive in a day. Does the GS Trip Planner havea like feature?
What trip planner do you use?
Have any idess that I might try to ge.t GS Triip Planner to work.
Thanks for you help
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax
6 REPLIES 6

texasgiddyup
Explorer
Explorer
I do like the Good Sam Trip Planner. A big advantage over Google Maps is the included database of Good Sam and other RV parks, and Pilot/Flying J truck stops. (I used to use Streets and Trips with the added database for this stuff - no more). It also lets you do more the 10 stops in one itinerary vs Google Maps.

Their relationship with Pilot/Flying J excludes Loves's, TA, Petro etc and in many areas there are few if any Pilot/Flying J's. So you have to look elsewhere for those.

If you use Chrome, you will not get good printouts, so use Firefox or other.
2015 Montana High Country 293RK
2011 Chevy 3500 CC long bed dually 4WD, upgrading to:
2017 Chevy 3500 CC long bed SRW 4WD.

Lost_Traveller
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Good Sam Trip planner for every RV trip we're going to take. It's pretty helpful. I also compare it against Google Maps. I also print out the campsite's directions, and then if I'm still not sure(especially if I gotta take a lot of roads off the expressway, I'll get on the forum and find out if anybody has gone there the way I'm going. Of course, I'm a worry wart. And do you know, I've still got lost a couple of times. That's the reason for my User Name.
The Lost Travelers,
Bruce and Connie
The Lost Travellers
Bruce and Connie

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't care to base too much of our trips on having access to online services, as we can't always count on being able to connect to cell towers.

We use several very detailed state-by-state atlas books and our satellite based Garmin navigator unit. Our Garmin unit has a large internal memory, so we keep hundreds of thousands of Point of Interest (POI) places stored right in it. Points of Interest are in databases created by, and maintained by, actual users. We store POI databases on such places as U.S. bodies of water, Walmart Superstores, National Parks, private parks, gas stations, dump stations, medical facilities, Camping World locations, fast food restaurants, State Parks, propane filling stations, etc.. These POI databases are updated constantly by navigator users.

I agree with the poster above who stated that Streets and Trips was a great computer based trip planner. I wish it was still available ... I think this was Microsoft software(?).
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

racer4
Explorer
Explorer
Are you using the online Trip Planner or a installed program?

If you are using it online with a web browser, try a different browser.
Chris and Pat
2023 Ram 3500 Limited, Cummins, Aisin, dually, Auto Flex Rear Air Ride Suspension
2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi chindog. I tried what you suggested. Did not work. Got the idea that maybe I should try to see if the program works on some other computer. Went to my friends rig, and sure enough the program worked just fine. For some reason my computer does not like the program.
When I get home I will give my computer to my son in law and see if he can get the bug out.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
When you are on the trip planner page, you might try logging out of your account, then logging back in. I have to do that occasionally.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad