cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

gray holding tank

debbiejeanne
Explorer
Explorer
I am sitting plugged in and with water so I am not using fresh water holding tank at all. Have been like this for 6 months. Do I need to empty tank or leave it with water in. Do I need to add clorox with water if I leave in tank? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
Besides all of the below reasons, nothing worse for a FWT than to have a little bit of water standing in it for extended periods of time. It will turn green, especially in warm weather.
Keep it FULL !

edatlanta wrote:
I always keep my fresh water tank full or close to it even when hooked up to fresh water. Water lines break and pumps fail, etc. and that can leave you with no water. But we all have an emergency supply available, our fresh water tank.

I do switch from city water to my fresh tank about once a month and use it by showers or laundry. I then fill it back up for the next time.

Works for me and when others in the park are screaming due to no water, I'm doing fine.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I always keep my fresh water tank full or close to it even when hooked up to fresh water. Water lines break and pumps fail, etc. and that can leave you with no water. But we all have an emergency supply available, our fresh water tank.

I do switch from city water to my fresh tank about once a month and use it by showers or laundry. I then fill it back up for the next time.

Works for me and when others in the park are screaming due to no water, I'm doing fine.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Moved from Forum Technical Support

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your topic says gray tank. But your question concerns the potable tank?
You do not need to sanitize the potable tank until you want to use it. As for gray tank? Close the valve a day before you dump black tank. When black tank is empty, close the valve and flush the dump hose with the gray water.