cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great weekend but... (help!)

CliffordG
Explorer
Explorer
It was a great weekend for camping and four wheeling in the Shoshone National Forest but I've got some fresh damage.

Windstorm ripped my awning right at the TH. Grrrr. How do I remove whats left of the material from the TH so I can replace it? I've tried to force it out one side but it seems to take far more push than I can have. Is there some trick to this I'm missing?

Worse the TH got tangled in a tree (don't ask) and partially pulled the front cap away from the TH body. How do you fix this?

2005 Silverado 2500HD with 8.1L/Allison pulling a 2007 WW FSW 2800.
7 REPLIES 7

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
May want to shoot some windex along the awning seam to help it slip out after ya find the set screws.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wind here the other night was really rocking the house... I mean I was worried

MORE Than the night I parked in a 100MPH breeze in Texas.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

CliffordG
Explorer
Explorer
RJsfishin wrote:
I couldn't see anything that a chalking gun wouldn't fix. But no silicone please !

You don't see the 4" hunk of aluminum railing that's been ripped away?

I'll get some better pictures, these ones must not be good enough.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
I couldn't see anything that a chalking gun wouldn't fix. But no silicone please !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
yes that other peice the cover comes off and there are screws under it u might need to get some larger screws tighten it back down recaulk it and put the cover back on it

CliffordG
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
look at the ends of the track on top there is a screw at each end take them screws out and pull

I assume you're talking about the awning. I'll look for screws, dunno how I would have missed 'em the first time but hey...thanks for the help!

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
look at the ends of the track on top there is a screw at each end take them screws out and pull