cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greystone Fireplace - Replacement Circuit Board

ForestRiverTT
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2021 Forest River travel trailer with a Greystone F32-18A electric fireplace that has a blown circuit board. I can't seem to find a place that sells the replacement board. Does anyone have a good source on that?

I've taken the fireplace out of the cabinet and see how to replace the board, but I can't seem to find a replacement.

MOD'S EDIT: Reduced the width of the images to prevent breaking the page.
18 REPLIES 18

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
RV designed Fireplace units are so cheap the OEM just replaces the complete Fireplace when a component fails. A few years ago we replaced about 15 fireplaces on new units(Jayco) and ones under warranty due to a defect in the control boards. We then cut the power cable and threw in the trash per Jayco. Doug

PS, we do the same with the cheaper Microwaves

I would have to agree with Doug on this.

Modern day electronics and other consumer devices are designed to be throw away devices, been that way since the late 1990s. Stuff like these fireplaces, microwaves, TVs especially destined to be used in a RV are even more throwaway.

Designed and built cheap and nearly zero trace back to the OEM that made the device along with zero parts support. The design model is build it cheap, if it fails within the warranty period return back to maker for repair or maker will just send another unit to you and you have to trash the old unit.

Most device manufacturers now days are simply not setup to sell repair parts, they only buy for what they are building and once that model has been put out to pasture any leftover parts are scrapped.

Not like the golden oldie days when you could walk into a corner drug store, test your radio and TV tubes and possibly buy a replacement tube in that store.

Sad but true.

I tend to attempt to repair things when possible, I have rebuilt burned up circuit boards worse looking than that for myself. But I have many yrs under my belt as a electronics repair tech often working without schematics.. I would not recommend DIYing repairing the board unless you have some good mad repair skills.

Buy a new fireplace and be done with it. Should be able to find plenty of replacements at your local Home Depot, Lowes, Amazon, Ebay or even Big lots..

ForestRiverTT
Explorer
Explorer
Replacement unit is $250-300. I'm hoping to find a replacement control board. If not I'll just replace the entire unit, but these aren't what I would consider cheap.

I will take a closer look at the capacitor. Already have soldering irons. Hadn't considered just replacing that.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is it that EC5 capacitor?? If so, if you can find the numbers on it, you can order one and replace it for almost nothing. The soldering iron was like $15, and the capacitors were like $2
I had a Samsung TV that I did that with, and it worked for another 5-6 years.

Nothing really to lose trying it.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
RV designed Fireplace units are so cheap the OEM just replaces the complete Fireplace when a component fails. A few years ago we replaced about 15 fireplaces on new units(Jayco) and ones under warranty due to a defect in the control boards. We then cut the power cable and threw in the trash per Jayco. Doug

PS, we do the same with the cheaper Microwaves