cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Harbor Freight - what happened to the 20% off coupons

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Harbor Freight - what happened to the 20% off coupons and the "free" trinkets like little flashlights,etc. Haven't seen any of these coupons in a few months, at least in Florida .
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard
52 REPLIES 52

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since Craftsman crapped out, and I won't pay for Snapon, I have found the Pittsburg polished end wrenches are actually pretty decent quality. I do have to say that a former coworker got me hooked on Kobalt hand tools though.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I fall into the buy one-time use tools and things like zip ties there. I bought a rubber mallet and square-nosed shovel for a project in there this weekend. Walked out less than $15.00 (after the 10% off text). I couldn't have come close to that at a box store and odds are pretty good I will never use either of them again, but they are likely to last through the project.

I've actually gotten great service out of the two electric tools I have from there. I bought a small disc/belt sander to use when making Pinewood Derby cars with the Cub Scouts. It has lasted 14 years and hundreds of derby cars. I bought an electric impact wrench that was on sale for about $30 for a project about 8 years ago and it still works great. I still use it every time I have to remove the wheels on the car.

If both died today, I've more than gotten my use and money's worth out of them. I probably wouldn't replace either one at this point, but they served their purpose.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I miss the batteries and the multimeters that were free with any purchase. Also bought their adhesives for $.99 and their butt splices with heat shrink ends for $1.99 which I used a lot of. Sand paper, caulking, grinding and wire wheels also when on sale. I also liked their free tarps to cover wood when camping. I bought mostly their consumables rather than electrical or hand tools. However since they stopped the free batteries and coupons I have not found anything else I needed, but I guess I fall into the geezer category but I have never seen a line at HF.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I used to laugh at absurd Armageddon grade events in pulp ebooks. After noting the last 15-months I don't laugh any more. People really are that stupid.

Full circle
Dirt cheap short lived electrical tools.
Improving quality, giving them brand names, now they cost almost as much as first line brand name tools except advertisements lie about performance.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have never seen a line at HF, never! I buy in bulk when I need it (TP) and when the Pandemic rush hit I had just bought a bundle of TP and paper towels at Costco and never did run short of either. Several times I was in there later and would see people with 4 bundles heading for the gate....they won't run out for 5 years. Many restaurants her offer free meals to vets on Veterans day and the lines are around the building. Although I am a 80 year old Vet I have never been that hungry.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R wrote:
Mr Wizard, mentioned the lines for buying TP. I'm wondering if the people that bought shopping carts full of TP, if they have used it all up yet?

Somewhere is a guy who looks at the 187 hoarded cans of kidney beans in his garage, and scratches his head wondering what to do with them.

Geezer= The folks who stood in line for an hour at Quartzite for a free $1.25 breakfast.

Those at Harbor Freight who line up 20 minutes before opening for the free bag of 20 zip ties.

The guy at the campground with a 48' DP adorned with 5 million candlepower of security lights, two bugzappers, 3 rat sized dogs that are left inside to bark all day when he's away, and a turbocharged leaf blower he uses every morning at 8 AM.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Wizard, mentioned the lines for buying TP. I'm wondering if the people that bought shopping carts full of TP, if they have used it all up yet?

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
RobWNY wrote:
GDS-3950BH wrote:
At least without the free coupons you will not have to wait in line at the door with 30 geezers before the store opens, who are there to get a free $0.15 flashlight that doesn't work lol.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So True!!!!!

Never waited in line at a HF, guess they aren't that popular around here. BTW, I don't do lines, I just leave, I have better things to do than wait in a line, but I had no choice Thursday when I had to wait in my truck for 2 hours to get my covid vaccine.
Here's a good one.... just got a HF email with their specials for the next week... they are spotlighting electric and propane space heaters..... it's going to be 90 here today, I don't think I'll be needing a heater !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

MrWizard
Im retired, 72 yrs old, does that make me a geezer,
I don't wait in lines for any store to open, if I can avoid it, not HF, not 99cents, Not Walmart,
The exception being the second week of Covid19 lock down when we were out of TP, and I waited an hour in a long line at the grocery, then when still not open, I said forget..was lucky we had a bunch of napkins,
I do get stuck waiting In check out lines sometimes
The last time I got up in the Wee Hours to be first inline was back in the 70s for a "Toys for Tots" Concert , with an All Star line up of Hit record performers, groups and singles, i didn't even do that to get tickets for Eric Burton and the Animals in the 60's or the Highwaymen Tour in the early 90's ? Yes I did attend those shows, but the only lines I was in, was the one going into the shows, tickets had seat numbers first in or last thru the door, didn't make any difference, tickets were pre-purchased,

Wait inline for a free flashlight ? Nope, nada
Maybe for a free laptop PC
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Durb
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:
At least without the free coupons you will not have to wait in line at the door with 30 geezers before the store opens, who are there to get a free $0.15 flashlight that doesn't work lol.

Maybe, but how would you know that happens? :B

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
GDS-3950BH wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA So True!!!!!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Never bought **** tools and I was a Commercial Construction Superintendent. Far better to buy quality.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
HF, they are what they are. I have many HF one time tools laying around and will miss the % off sales.

At the VA hospital I seen construction workers using HF tools and was very surprised. I asked and the guy just happened to be the contractor. He said I buy them by the case, someone walks off with one or drops it off a ladder I just go get another one out of the case, no great loss. Makes sense to me.

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
I got the same 10% message as a text. Good time to buy a larger tool. I havnt been following prices to know if many items normal price went up to prepare for the 10% discount.