cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP! In Pennsylvania with no heat

Jesshopes
Explorer
Explorer
I'm kind of desperate. We just traveled 6 hours to PA with our 10 kids and our heater won't turn on. Thermostat is flashing E-2. We had the TT in for repairs this week...UGH! Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?
16 REPLIES 16

Almot
Explorer III
Explorer III
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Chew & spit answers reviewed by a forum newby don't get answered - ever. ... A neighbor could have come along and satisfied the issue.

Many newbies don't answer because they are drop-in, sudden problem resolved or unresolved, they don't plan on coming again so don't care about local etiquette of geek forums ๐Ÿ˜‰

Could've been a neighbor too. Not all the answers were chew and spit variety. Though I'm surprised nobody suggested buying a propane space heater at any big box store. You don't always have 120V power.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Ooooooooooo a mind-reader.

Chew & spit answers reviewed by a forum newby don't get answered - ever. To asssssssssssssssume, they judged the answers and decided none of them were worthwhile is ludicrous.

Been there done that. They put out as many feelers as they can, review answers then go away regardless of outcome. A neighbor could have come along and satisfied the issue. I will never know and I could care less...

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently, the OP didn't care for any of your suggestions as they never returned...;)
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

CJW8
Explorer
Explorer
Why not just turn the oven on and crack open a vent. I've done it a few times.
2003 Forest River Sierra M-37SP Toy Hauler- Traded in
2015 Keystone Raptor 332TS 5th wheel toy Hauler (sold)
2004 Winnebago Vectra. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
He's not joking....and don't call him Shirley.

I am sooo going to where an asterisk freezes over when I die
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Freezing? 10 kids? Come back?

Shirley You Jest

They are dealing with a genuine crisis. And an avalanche of suggestions from people there.

Ten kids in an RV and dealing with heating deserves a Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Clusters!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
apparently the mis-information is not a problem. OP never came back ๐Ÿ™‚

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wow, so much misinformation here!!

E-2 is a REALLY well known fault code, it means the thermostat is outside of what IT considers the normal operating range, between 32 and 100 deg. F.

It's meant to alert you that there is potentially a problem with your heat or a/c.

In lip the stat of the base and warm it up to a little above freezing and plug it back in, once the heat kicks in and it gets back above freezing everything should be fine. Until the next time you hit that temp. again anyway.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try closing your propane tank valves, take the hoses loose and reinstall. Open the valves very slowly, you may have tripped the OPD, Overflow Protection Device.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Until you get you propane heater fixed you need to go down to LOWES-WALMART and pick up a 120VAC OIL-FILLED heater. These are inexpensive... You should have a couple of these on hand for PLAN B anyway...

I also carry an extra HD extension cord just for the heaters. This allows me to use the 20AMP SERVICE from the campground pedestal just for the heaters. Doesn't take away anything from my 30AMP shore power hookup.

I use the low profile oil-filled heaters (AMAZON) but the taller ones are OK as well... Both put out the same amount of heat.

I can sit one of thes O2COOL AC/DC/D cells portable fans (WALMART) behind the heater if we need to move the air around the room more..

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Does your thermostat have batteries inside? Otherwise sounds like your 12 volts is low.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
therm needs reset but need to know if it is a single zone or five button

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
I have no idea but did see where E2 error was not enough voltage for the thermostat. Are your batteries charged up good? Are you plugged into shore power? You might go into the breaker box and flip all the breakers off then back on to make sure none has been flipped.