cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can I tell what size AC I have?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We ordered a 15K BTU AC with on our TT but how do I verify what I got?
I've taken off the inside filter covers but there's no info there. I'd take off the shroud but there's a solar panel affixed to the ttop of it and unless I have to, I don't want to mess with it.
The manual that came with it just states it an AirXcell 48000 but I *think* it could be either a 13.5 or bigger.

Thanks in advance.
Scott
17 REPLIES 17

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On MOST Air Conditioners if you remove the ceiling cover and look UP you will see the informational label on the bottom of the upper unit.

On the rest it's on top.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
mike-s wrote:
ScottG wrote:
When I got on the roof to inspect it, I found a broken off vent stack cover laying loose and a brand new cover installed (didn't match the other one on the roof) - the caulk was still wet. This is in the middle of my roof. I don't know how it could have been broken unless it was just tripped over.

I should add that this is a VERY reputable dealer but I don't trust anyone..
"Reputable" doesn't mean what you think it means.

How do you know what I think it means?
BTW, it means respected and trusted by most people : having a good reputation.
This discription describes this company precisely.
It doesn't mean I totally trust a company.

So please enlighten me.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
When I got on the roof to inspect it, I found a broken off vent stack cover laying loose and a brand new cover installed (didn't match the other one on the roof) - the caulk was still wet. This is in the middle of my roof. I don't know how it could have been broken unless it was just tripped over.

I should add that this is a VERY reputable dealer but I don't trust anyone..
"Reputable" doesn't mean what you think it means.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
mooky stinks wrote:
Well, what is it!?!? As Ronald Reagan once said, "trust but verify".

It says Mach 15!
But I don't think it has any heat pump feature - which is fine.

Cheers,
Scott

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
My motorhome came from the factory with the correct 15k heat pump and a air-conditioner-only thermostat. I think it's valid to verify everything.
2009 Fleetwood Icon

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Well, what is it!?!? As Ronald Reagan once said, "trust but verify".
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
newman fulltimer wrote:
pull filter down look on the bottom of the unit will be a white sticker with the info on it

Thanks, I didn't find it the rist time but I used a bright flashlight and finally found the little sticker.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
pull filter down look on the bottom of the unit will be a white sticker with the info on it

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Good idea to verify...If like mine, take off inside cover and look up. Be careful undoing. Plastic

Also with their crowned roof gasket on top is sure mashed down compared to down hill side. Matter of fact, the tightening screws were so tight, almost torqued head thru bracket. Next good inspection I just put in flat washers and problem solved.

Other odds and ends to double check...dig thru the NW web site or send me PM and I'll pass on what all I check or did on mine. Great RV's but still put together by humans. I no longer belong to web site, but I think they want $10.00 a year.

I'm the guy you sent PM to about foam cushion store you like, about year ago, as memory jogger.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Scott, If you "dont trust anybody", will anything anyone on here could tell you ever relax your worries?
I have a feeling the best use of your time would be in going up top and getting the serial and model #'s off the unit and putting the question to bed.
Not being snarky, but,,,,,Would anything else satisfy you at this point?
The question is in your head, how else can you eject it?

To be more accurate, I don't trust dealers much. Wasn't meant to be a dis to fellow forum memebers.
Just looking to find out where the markings are in order to confirm rating - that's all.

And that was my point. Since you had not found those labels inside the TT I assumed you would have to take everything apart up top.
Was not trying to be snarky. was an honest/ernest question.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think you were on the right track, removing the filter cover. Ones I've looked up into have this info, but can be hard to see. On current FW, with Dometic 15k, it seems they were trying to hide the info. I get on a 3 step ladder, get my nose in there, and use a bright flex able LED piston light for viewing.

I had a white wire drop into view, that was taped off. I did find where it came from, but no place for it to go. Maybe for a different stat, IDK, but AC has worked great since new.

Hope you find the answer,

Jerry

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
kerrlakeRoo wrote:
Scott, If you "dont trust anybody", will anything anyone on here could tell you ever relax your worries?
I have a feeling the best use of your time would be in going up top and getting the serial and model #'s off the unit and putting the question to bed.
Not being snarky, but,,,,,Would anything else satisfy you at this point?
The question is in your head, how else can you eject it?

To be more accurate, I don't trust dealers much. Wasn't meant to be a dis to fellow forum memebers.
Just looking to find out where the markings are in order to confirm rating - that's all.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. The RVP manual packet should have a pull out sheet stating the Model and Serial number
2. If you pull the inside filter housing down you will see the Model and Serial number on the silver metal mount tray in front of the evaporator
3. The solar panel should have a quick connect for the 12 volt wires. AND most panels will just lay off to the side after removing the top shroud mount screws.
4. Why is it a concern? Inadequate cooling? If so, what is the length on the RV and how many slide rooms?
5. IF you have the 32 foot Silver Fox with a slide, a 15k is NOT going to cool your unit in hot weather. Units above 26 foot need 2 AC units.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Taking the top off isn't that hard. It's easier with two people but can be done single as well. Once in there, you'll see the ratings plate.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed