cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can the shower bottom door seal be replaced ?

ice2fire
Explorer
Explorer
The thin plastic seal along the bottom of the shower door has come apart. Probably due to the summer heat in Arizona !

The seal seems very embedded in the door. Any suggestions as to how it can be removed and replaced ?
2010 30' Heartland North Country, on a site in Tucson, Arizona.
6 REPLIES 6

ice2fire
Explorer
Explorer
mbopp wrote:
I have a SEA enclosure. One call & they shipped me 2 wiper seals. I just worked it into the groove with my fingers.

Are you sure the door isn't mis-aligned:

Shower Door Fix

Me too, although I had to look very hard for any identification of the shower. On the latch ! Thanks very much. The door is perfectly aligned. The seal has just melted away. I sent away for some new ones. It gets hot in AZ in the summer !! Enough to crack and crumble the plastic lid of the bathroom vent lid ! (Another maintenance job !)
2010 30' Heartland North Country, on a site in Tucson, Arizona.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Dave H M wrote:
my particular shower door has a lip on the bottom. When the wiper seal fell apart I trashed it and did not replace it. Never a drop of a leak at the bottom of the door.

X2 more or less. We were able to replace the first failure with a T shaped strip from the local hardware store. It fell apart last winter, couldn't find a replacement. The new "T" shaped strips were curved on the top and wouldn't fit. Finally gave up and left it as is.

Mid October we set of for warmer climes and are now in southern Mexico. No more drips on the floor than when we had the strip in place. Perhaps even less.

If you can't find one that fits, try it without.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
my particular shower door has a lip on the bottom. When the wiper seal fell apart I trashed it and did not replace it. Never a drop of a leak at the bottom of the door.

MerkelG
Explorer
Explorer
I went to ace hardware . They have stick on seals that you can trim to fit.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a SEA enclosure. One call & they shipped me 2 wiper seals. I just worked it into the groove with my fingers.

Are you sure the door isn't mis-aligned:

Shower Door Fix
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Some are "T" shaped and they slide out the end.

Door seal

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker