cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to drop my spare on a Class C Tioga??

efiguero
Explorer
Explorer
So I have a bad tire and called roadside assist, they sent a guy out but neither one of us can figure out how to lower the spare. Is there a crank or button?
8 REPLIES 8

efiguero
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies, the tire guy pulled his from his truck which was a Dodge and it fit. Funny thing was we asked a guy with an 03 Ford truck if we could use his but it did not fit, but a Dodge one did.

efiguero
Explorer
Explorer
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
On my 1999 F450 truck the jack crank was attached to the top of the radiator mount under the hood...

Yeah that's what the tire guy is saying but nothing under my hood.

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
On my 1999 F450 truck the jack crank was attached to the top of the radiator mount under the hood...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

efiguero
Explorer
Explorer
Sfla2 wrote:
efiguero wrote:
I found it, it is in my house battery compartment, but no idea where the tool to lower it is?? Any ideas?

reread my post u use jack crank handle it its like mine.
tell the guy to locate Sp T then follow the cable to the side,

it would help if u listed all info abt rig brand, model ect

My apologies, it's a 1997 Fleetwood Tioga Class C,(the specific model # escapes me and I'm already in bed so I'll check in the morning) 30ft, on Ford E350 Superduty chassis. As I mentioned I found the crank, but not sure where to find the jack or the jack handle. I assumed it would be close to the crank but I did not see it and have not encountered either a jack or a jack handle in any of the storage compartments in my short time owning this used rig. The only handle I've found is the pole to pull out the awning, so if this pole does double duty as a jack handle then I'm in business. If not I still need to find the jack handle. Thanks again for all the help.

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
efiguero wrote:
I found it, it is in my house battery compartment, but no idea where the tool to lower it is?? Any ideas?

reread my post u use jack crank handle it its like mine.
tell the guy to locate Sp T then follow the cable to the side,

it would help if u listed all info abt rig brand, model ect
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

efiguero
Explorer
Explorer

efiguero
Explorer
Explorer
Sfla2 wrote:
look for little door on pass. side right in line w/ tire use jack crank that came w/ mh to lower. its on a cable sys if this is a ford 450. let me know if u get it
so the guy gave up because it got dark but is coming back in the morning to try again. So if you guide me a little further maybe I can find it. It's a ford e350 super duty. So when you say a little door on passenger side, where exactly should I look for this door? In the front cab? In one of my basement compartments?

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
look for little door on pass. side right in line w/ tire use jack crank that came w/ mh to lower. its on a cable sys if this is a ford 450. let me know if u get it
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)