cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to remove water stains

DennisG9
Explorer
Explorer
Have the fabric coated ceiling panels and at different times there have been water leaks. No structure damage just nasty stains. Anyone have a pet method to remove them?
10 REPLIES 10

DennisG9
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
if theres stains? theres a problem. you can,t see.could be all rotted out.

Leak was repaired right away. Just have the stains left and there was no prolonged leaking.

And Thanks for all the suggestions.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used Oxyclean== spray on let sit a couple minutes, blot off--- repeat a few times until the stain is gone.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ss573
Explorer
Explorer
I use Sodium Percarbonate. Thats the active ingredient in products like OxyClean. It's available online ( Amazon) in different quantities like 5lb, 10lb, etc.

It is mixed with a little warm water and breaks down into Hydrogen peroxide and soda ash.....completely environmental friendly and works great. We use it for a bleach substitute in the laundry (our house is on a septic tank system) as well as cleaning the black tank.

Good luck !!!
2015 Thor Pilazzo 33.2
2017 Jeep Cherokee Toad

ss573
Explorer
Explorer
I use Sodium Percarbonate. Thats the active ingredient in products like OxyClean. It's available online ( Amazon) in different quantities like 5lb, 10lb, etc.

It is mixed with a little warm water and breaks down into Hydrogen peroxide and soda ash.....completely environmental friendly and works great. We use it for a bleach substitute in the laundry (our house is on a septic tank system) as well as cleaning the black tank.

Good luck !!!
2015 Thor Pilazzo 33.2
2017 Jeep Cherokee Toad

DancinCampers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've used a product called Insta-gone.

Stain-remover.net

I believe I saw it at Camping World my last visit.
Dan & Sharon (Kasey, Our Yorkie, RIP 9Jan'05-26Jul'17)
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M
2020 Chevy Equinox, Blue Ox Aventa II, Air Force One

If You Obey All The Rules, You Miss All The Fun

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I used water with a little dish soap and a little vinegar. I used an old tooth brush to brush it in. Then I used a hair dryer to dry the area. If you don't dry it with the hair dryer, the stain will not come off. Works very well.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
if theres stains? theres a problem. you can,t see.could be all rotted out.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the ceiling is covered with that kind of fabric.

I have had great luck with Folex,on my ceilings just spray it on and BLOT don't rub,you will be amazed at how it lifts out the stains.

It may take more than one application but it took out all of my stains.

You can get it at most big box home improvement stores or Amazon check out the reviews and pictures.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Try Woolite Carpet Cleaner. Spray Can. It worked on our stains!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine