cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I have a problem with a dometic DM 2652 Americana

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
This past Friday my fridge bit the dirt. The cooling unit started leaking. So Saturday i have no lights on the control panel and the light inside the fridge isn't working. I had planed on changing the cooling unit but why isn't any power going to the unit? The fuses are good and there is 110 to the plug. So does anyone know why?
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK
30 REPLIES 30

mhaller28
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
mhaller28 wrote:
There is a voluntary recall on this model. It said if it is leaking ammonia and yellow liquid to shut it off and have it serviced immediately. This was on dometic ' s website!

The recall involves ONLY adding a temp/heat shield. IF it leaks there is no replacement offered for free. Doug

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ Has anyone had troubles with it just wanting to go straight to gas (even with the button in the correct position for it to go to auto) and bypassing the electric? It is plugged in to the correct voltage but after attempting to ignite to gas it says check. Fuses are all good and do not see a reset button either. No seen/known leaks.

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I decided to jerk the cooling unit on my 4 door Norcold. I "had" an appointment (in a week) to have the recal done a 2nd time BUT I decided to "by-pass" the recall and watch my fridge.....

Note that I only did this while I was at the coach. I NEVER STEPPED AWAY.

After about 3 hours & noticed the chimney was cherry red at the base. WWWAAAYYY to hot for my comfort..... I pulled BOTH plugs & ordered a NEW cooling unit!!!

Same place as above, about 1250.00 total. Will start a thread on this.

Thanks
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mhaller28 wrote:
There is a voluntary recall on this model. It said if it is leaking ammonia and yellow liquid to shut it off and have it serviced immediately. This was on dometic ' s website!

The recall involves ONLY adding a temp/heat shield. IF it leaks there is no replacement offered for free. Doug

mhaller28
Explorer
Explorer

Awesome! Glad it went well for you.

I got lucky, mine is still working really well after I took it for a walk end over end around the parking lot.

But if it fails again, I'll likely be putting a cooling unit in it.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Well i finely got around to putting my cooling unit in yesterday. Because of work haven't had the time till yesterday. But it is working like a champ a lot better then it has ever worked. Had to buy a new electric heating element because the old one was stuck and couldn't get it out. If anyone has a cooling unit go out this is the way to go took about 2 1/2 hours to change it out. Very easy job to do.
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

marcsbigfoot20b
Explorer
Explorer
Got mine from the same place last year when my 2652 was barely working. New Amish unit works awesome.

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
BobsYourUncle wrote:
jody h wrote:
Well i order my cooling unit today now that i found out nothing else was bad. Just wanted to say THANKS to all that helped me. Thanks again.

Just wondering where you ordered it from? And what the cost was.

If I go that route, I already know where I am buying mine from and the cost.
I am just putting it off in hopes of reviving mine. So far no luck.

But mine isn't leaking.

I bought it from here
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

jody h wrote:
Well i order my cooling unit today now that i found out nothing else was bad. Just wanted to say THANKS to all that helped me. Thanks again.

Just wondering where you ordered it from? And what the cost was.

If I go that route, I already know where I am buying mine from and the cost.
I am just putting it off in hopes of reviving mine. So far no luck.

But mine isn't leaking.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
That's normal- you should just have a check light (if it doesn't ignite) and an Auto light. If it's on and switched to Gas, there will be no panel lights.
-- Chris Bryant

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Ok i just went and sure enough i push the little beaker and it reset. Went in and the light was on in the fridge but no lights for the on off and gas auto buttons. I hear a clicking noise and went out to see. It was the burner tiring to light. Why no lights for the buttons?
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Chris and by the way I'm not a she
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Cuffs054 wrote:
Guys, I must be missing something. The OP says she SAW evidence of ammonia leak. How the hell is changing fuses or CB going to help?

The OP knows the cu is toast, they just wants to know why the controls went dark. They went dark because they are were supposed to, to keep the rig from burning down.
-- Chris Bryant