Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Itasca Ellipse Hydronic Heat Aqua Hot

tamoreo
Explorer
Explorer
Good evening,

I am having an issue with my rig, which is throwing me for a loop. I have an Itasca Ellipse 42QD with an Aquahot System. When I switch to hydonic heat zone 2 works perfectly. Zone 1 will get the diesel pup started and it will run, but I think the fan pushing the heat to the front of the coach is not working. The fan sounds much fainter than last year.

Just as a side note the hot water is running perfectly. I think it's just something with the front zone.

Does anyone know where the fan is located or any other suggestions?

Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2

tamoreo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try and let you know if it works.
Thanks again.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There is NO fan that pushes anything. There is a PUMP that circulates the water thru each zones radiators and those radiators do have a fan to gently push the air thru the radiator fins. What usually happens on a Aquahot system is simple. For each zone, there is a brass check valve on the outlet hot water hose at the Aquahot. From NOT running the Heating zones monthly, those check valve lids stick and will not allow the water pump for that zone to push the hot water thru. The fix is to take a small hammer and lightly bang on the brass check valve while the system is running. Aqua hot systems need to have the heating zones cycled at least once a month for just a few minutes to prevent this from happening. It may take a little while to get the check valve to pop open. Doug