cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King Quest vs Wingard G2

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
Need some help on this. I have a 29’ B+ and am looking at putting a Sat dish on my roof. I have direct TV at home and therefore need a DirctTV antenna for my MH. I understand that the handle of the King Quest needs to be pointed North to work. This obviously would not work for a roof mounted dish. The Winegard G2 would work other than one needs a power cord to power it, unlike the King Quest which gets it’s power from the coax. Running a power cord to the to an AC outlet inside the MH would be very difficult and something I don’t want to do.
3 REPLIES 3

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo, thanks for your comments. I ended up on a chat with King Quest people and they also told me the handle does not need to be facing north, although packaging does say it does. As far as mounting it on my roof, the documentation does say it can be and includes mounting hardware.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
The handle does not need to point north for it to work. It only makes it faster to find the satellites. However, I would not mount it on the roof. It is not designed for that.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
I would only put on a roof Trav'ler for DirecTV.
I love the DTV HD. The G2 nor the King Quest will give you any HD.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am