cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen stove fan "flap".

marpel
Explorer
Explorer
I have to replace the stove fan vent flap (or whatever it is called) on the exterior of the trailer which hinges at the top and is light enough to lift when the stove fan is activated and expels fumes/smoke/steam etc.

The flap and hinge pins are made of flimsy, cheap plastic and this is the second time I am having to replace the flapper (actually have had to replace the entire unit as they apparently don't sell just the flapper) due to the hinge pins breaking. The last time, I net-searched and made enquiries at the RV dealer parts department, trying to find a product which has a stronger (even metal) composition, with no success. The parts department was happy to sell me a replacement (exactly like the previous) unit, but offered no real assistance in finding a better solution.

I have the new unit sitting in my shop, waiting for spring time replacement, but thought in the meantime I would enquire if anyone knows of a better product.

Marv
16 REPLIES 16

trailrider
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.rvpartsnation.com/brands/jr-products/endura-range-vent-1-1-2in-flange-white/
2020 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD GAS!!!
1978 Chevrolet Silverado K20 4x4
2007 Komfort 277TS
2020 Sherco 300 SEF Factory
2018 Honda Rancher TRX420FA6
2017 Montesa 4RT260
2021 Honda CRF450X

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Interesting. My 14 year old 5er (and original plastic kitchen vent flapper) were still good when I sold it 2 yrs ago.