cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leaking sunroof

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my sunroof on my tow vehicle is not draining properly and collects water in the "drain pan"? when it rains. which then leaks into the vehicle.
checking on the internet shows that this is a very common problem and to unblock the drain tubes have obtained two sizes of wire and a bore scope in hopes of fixing it.
assuming I am doomed to failure, and not wanting to spend megabucks on a "feature" that I don't use/want am considering taping the seams/joints as a last resort.
I bought a small roll of a sealing tape, externabond IIRC but that was a very thick piece of material suitable for a flat surface and I stuck a piece onto a piece of plexiglass and days later could just peel it off. I am in search of a UV resistant, waterproof tape, about 2 inches wide that can seal up the glass/rubber/metal joint. hopefully about the thickness, etc., of black electricians tape.
my choices appear to be flex tape, eternabond, gorilla waterproof tape, and dicor.
I am looking for any advice/comments/ experiences using these materials.
thanks,
bumpy
15 REPLIES 15

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I eternabonded the Mountaineer's sunroof about 5 years ago, and the GX's sunroof 2 years ago. Problem solved.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point