cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

led light

Wisconsin_Bums
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 ceder creek. It came with G-4 led lights.One of them burnt out. Now where do you get another one? Have been online for 2 days, can not find one. HELP
9 REPLIES 9

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
OEM LED CHANT

"Gotta Wow 'em!"

"But but but LED's need heatsinking and heatsinking costs like sin!"

"Cut the voltage back like everybody from floodlights to pen lights do!"

"But but but that'll kill lamp performance - and hurt sales!"

"How long are they warrantied for?"

"Six-months!"

"Make it last eight months and let's get this show on the road!"

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Wisconsin Bums wrote:
The panel is a 2" square with 5 lights around the outside and one in the middle. On the panel it reads Bright Ideas LLC and the model number is SL206M2. It can be removed from the fixture as it's a puck 4" plastic fixture. It is hard wired to a switch. I tried to put a picture here but didn't know how to do that. Sure would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Here is a link to instructions for posting a picture.

Picture posting link
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wisconsin Bums wrote:
The panel is a 2" square with 5 lights around the outside and one in the middle. On the panel it reads Bright Ideas LLC and the model number is SL206M2. It can be removed from the fixture as it's a puck 4" plastic fixture. It is hard wired to a switch. I tried to put a picture here but didn't know how to do that. Sure would appreciate any help. Thanks.

OK, well that is a bit more helpful.

Look like this? (hopefully the pix works)

If so, I found that pix at ForestRivers Forums website from 2014

The poster has the SAME problem..

I would have to say that the LED is junk, BUT you could STILL try the LEDs I mentioned. I think they will have no problem fitting since the LEDs I mentioned are about 25 mm around (about 7/8" in diameter.

You would need to cut the wires to the old LED then solder the wires to the LED module.

You might have to get creative with mounting the new module since the regulator parts are located on the back..

As far as posting pix, you need to use an online picture hosting site.

One of RV/net members has setup such an account that is free to use and automatically sizes the photos for the forum.

HERE IS THE LINK FOR PHOTOS

Upload your photo to the website in the link above.

Then you simply copy the entire URL that page gives for that pix.

Then to add photos to your post you need to use the advanced post editor. To get that you need to use the "REPLY TO TOPIC" link (don't use the "Quick Reply" at the bottom of the page).

Oops, forgot, that photo host link does not need the photo posting, you can just paste it into your post..

Paste your URL into the box and click finished.

Then finish your text and post message..

Wisconsin_Bums
Explorer
Explorer

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Wisconsin Bums wrote:
Sorry forgot to tell you this led light is a hard wired panel

If they are "hard wired" then they were never "designed" to replaced, instead the entire FIXTURE is supposed to be replaced..

Now if you are handy with a soldering iron you might be able to replace the LED module with whatever will fit into the fixture.

You can read my post in the following link for G4 puck light LED replacement for the LEDs I used (and am satisfied with color and brightness) in my puck lights.

LED FOR G4 PUCK LIGHT

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Could you post a photo?
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Wisconsin_Bums
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry forgot to tell you this led light is a hard wired panel

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wisconsin Bums wrote:
I have a 2015 ceder creek. It came with G-4 led lights.One of them burnt out. Now where do you get another one? Have been online for 2 days, can not find one. HELP

A quick search on Amazon for " LED G4 " resulted in pages of choices.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

fluffo2
Explorer
Explorer
Try this ebay search:
Bulbs with G4 Base