cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lightweight 115vac, 1-2 gal, 100+ PSI air compressor

adVentureMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have had it with those 12vdc compressors for RV use. I borrowed a neighbor's Husky brand, 1.5 gal, 135 psi air compressor the other day. He said he got it at Home Depot. Wow! I was impressed. However, tried to find that model online in vain.

What are folks using to top off their truck and trailer tires? I'm talking about adding maybe 3-10 lbs up to about 100 psi.

Specific models are nice if you know them.

Thanks a bunch and Merry Christmas to ya'll.
Doug and Kathy
2008 Chevy 2500HD extended cab Duramax/Allison 4WD
2013 Cougar 327RES
"Nuestra casa con buena vistas"

Need RV Checklists?
19 REPLIES 19

jauguston
Explorer
Explorer
The Sears model 15309 1.5 gallon 150 psi compressor for $99.00 is a popular choice. It is small/light and will fill my 110 psi tires. Fits in a corner of a storage bay.
2005 Coachman Sportscoach Elite 402 40'
350hp Cat C-7 w/MP-8
7500w Onan quiet diesel generator
6-Kyocera 130w solar panels SB3024i MPPT controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
1987 Suzuki Samurai tintop Toad w/VW 1.6 turbo diesel power

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a Harbor Freight compressor, about like this one

There's also 92575 and 60637 that seem to be about the same thing.
Budget and space permitting, HF has 67696 on sale $130.

That's not a very good HF sale price. At that price I'd look at Home Depot. They sell a Porter-Cable compressor with those specs along with a 16-gauge brad nailer, bag and safety glasses for around $150.

Our little HF 92575 CAN inflate our RV tires to their sidewall rating of 80PSI but it's a hike. To pick up 5PSI, say 70 to 75, takes a VERY long time even with the regulator two-blocked at 100PSI. But it fits the space we have for it and does many other projects very well. Car tires at 35PSI work wonderfully, and so do any bike tires. We have a boat trailer that calls for 50PSI and I think that's really the comfortable limit for 92575. I just bought HF's combination Tacker/Stapler 18-gauge and it operates that beautifully. Together, those two have given me a very nice Nailer/Compressor combo, with a Compressor that can do more, for around $75 total.

EDIT: Remember, for simply Inflating, you can choose (guess what?) an Inflator. It's basically the Compressor-Only part, no Tank, so you save space.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I bought this one: Porter-Cable and am very happy with it so far. It's not nearly as loud as some of the oilless compressors out there which I like a lot. It builds pressure very quickly and will add air to my 110 psi tires with no issues.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very quiet. The HD ones are really loud.

My compressor.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
I use the 150 PSI one form Sears. Saw it in a different color as a Cable Porter I think at Lowes once. They run $100 the last time I checked. 150 PSI is a good starting point. Even at 1.5 gallon we can pack it out to trailers, mowers and stuff and air up without being plugged in.

12 volts is OK if you have a week to do a 2 minute job.

We have a couple 125 PSI compressors from WM (oil in compressor) that are handly to have at different locations but taking the MH tires to 100 PSI the 150 PSI is NICE.