Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Link For ONE HUNDRED AMPERE DC/DC Solid State Relay

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.futurlec.com/Relays/SSRDC30V100Apr.shtml

It needs a finned radiator base (heatsink) but the voltage drop through the MOSFETS transistors is less than the voltage drop through a standard mechanical relay. The trigger mechanism uses about 1/200th the power of a standard relay. Meaning this critter is a realistic way to turn main power off and on for most of the loads in a rig. No slideouts recommended to be connected. It isn't for everyone. Not everyone needs to turn power on and off that often or need the convenience of a remote stitch.

But then again, it can chop 12 volt power at a converter or charger 12 volt power outlet giving a user the option of either AC or DC control over power items. Small inverters too, perhaps to 500 watts or so but definitely not for 1,000 watt inverters. Sit back, grab a remote control and control a wireless relay that powers this relay. Presto, no more tears!

But don't forget the heatsink and don't forget the thermal mounting grease for the heatsink.
6 REPLIES 6

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The newer breed of MOSFET has substantially less vf even at capacity I max. 67 amps at .22 vf.

Time marches sideways so to speak

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
I have used SSR's (usually crydom) for many projects, usually when I need minimal switching power IE a battery device switching something with it own power supply. Or optical isolation of the switch, or insanely high switch speed / durability.
For general switching in rv's I tend to use relays.

For example

SSR's have a .5 to .75 volt drop across them, hence the need for a heatsink several times their size. At high loads, what you save on switching current, you loose on load voltage.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

ken_white
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, SSR have some advantages over their mechanical counterpart.

๐Ÿ™‚
2014 RAM C&C 3500, 4x4, Club Cab, Hauler Bed, DRW, Aisin, 3.73's, etc...

2013 DRV Tradition 360 RSS
LED Lighting
570W of ET Solar Panels
MorningStar MPPT 45
Wagan 1000W Elite Pro Inverter
Duracell EGC2 Batteries with 460 A-H Capacity

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
And low voltage control. A 22 gauge control wire running the full length of a long motorhome? A very low power wireless relay controller? Full control of a TWENTY FOUR VOLT power supply?

ken_white
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like some good options if you need a SPST device.
2014 RAM C&C 3500, 4x4, Club Cab, Hauler Bed, DRW, Aisin, 3.73's, etc...

2013 DRV Tradition 360 RSS
LED Lighting
570W of ET Solar Panels
MorningStar MPPT 45
Wagan 1000W Elite Pro Inverter
Duracell EGC2 Batteries with 460 A-H Capacity

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
"Bimp"

-J Clouseau