cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Liquid Rubber Roofing

Adrian2Door
Explorer
Explorer
I was planning on redoing my roof with the liquid rubber roofing. I was wondering if anyone has put it straight onto plywood instead of their old RPDM. I heard if I use multi purpose primer and cover the seams I can put the liquid rubber on to the wood. Does this sound correct and does anyone have experience with using it directly on plywood.
7 REPLIES 7

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just a thought, but even if it does work what about the weight factor added to the RV.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You're going to be sorry. LOL. You would need about 30 coats to make it as thick as the original roof. If you'r down to plywood, I'd be looking at aluminum.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I just had RV Armor installed on my roof. Its not a do it yourself product because the company guarantees it for the life of the trailer and its transferable if you sell the unit. Great product. I think it can go directly on the plywood. Look up the website and call them. Invvestigate Heng's also

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
From Hengโ€™s website...Elastomeric 100% Acrylic Roof Coating - Use over asphalt roof shingles, galvanized steel, concrete, wood, polyurethane foam and bitumas built up roof (BURs).

But I wouldnโ€™t.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing that it won't work or, won't work very long.
If it held up (until the warranty expired)I think the RV manufacturers would be doing it to save money.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
in az won,t it melt and run? on a rv roof the easy way is not the best. some how water finds a way in.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ask the coating manufacturer.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad