Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for the biggest 12v HDTV out there

Boondock_Saint
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks,

I intend to repro my home theater and man cave and while I'm not apposed to running my huge HDTV from an inverter, I'm just wondering what is the largest 12v HDTV that YOU HAVE??

No theoretical discussions here please - I'm not asking what all could be possible if. . ., just the facts. Have you been able to get a 40", 50" 60" 4k HDTV etc?

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Fisherman wrote:
One question with explicit instructions that no one seems to be able to follow. If he asked for a can of Coke you guys would be trying to sell him Pepsi.
You have that reversed.... Actually we are trying to sell him the superior Coke product.

dedmiston
Taking off my Moderator hat for a moment, maybe I can help the OP.

Can I ask why you're looking for a 12v TV?

I don't know what your experience level is with RV appliances and I hate to dude-splain, but are you just looking for a TV that will work in your RV or are you hoping to find 12v for a specific reason?

How familiar are you with inverters? This is an oversimplification, but you can power most household 110 devices with an inverter. The inverter "inverts" (changes) the 12v power from your coach batteries into 110 power. Again, this is an oversimplification, but you basically connect the inverter to your batteries and then plug the device(s) into the inverter. This lets you run a regular residential TV from your 12v coach batteries.

If that addresses your question, then there are a bunch of follow-up issues to deal with. What other devices do you want to connect? What type of appliances are they and do they have specific power requirements (modified sine wave, pure sine, etc.) How large are your house batteries? And on and on.

I hope this helps. It isn't the solution to your question, but hopefully it's a good starting point.

Apologies again for the unfriendly replies.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
2oldman wrote:
I'm not hopeful he's coming back. No, it's not our fault.

Yes. Totally your fault. Stop trolling the New Members.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dedmiston
Did any of you happen to notice that the OP is a New Member? Is this how you treat new members?

How embarrassing.

I deleted all the off-topic troll responses.

Hopefully the OP returns and we can actually have a conversation.

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm not hopeful he's coming back. No, it's not our fault.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
One question with explicit instructions that no one seems to be able to follow. If he asked for a can of Coke you guys would be trying to sell him Pepsi.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Dusty R wrote:
You guys that are bad mouthing 12 volt TVs. Most all TVs on the market today have a wall wort, If you look at that wall wort you will see that it's output is 12 volt.
My old tv with the 12v brick was actually 12.6 volts IIRC. Screen would get scary bright at 14.4 boost charging the battery and the tv would give a beep tone when the furnace etc would pull the voltage below 12.4 volts. It was a great idea in theory but impractical for actual use.

300 watt sine wave inverter was the solution to work in all conditions. Sine wave also solved the lines on the screen when using a square wave inverter.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Generally, "12V" appliances tend to cost more and have less quality.

Case in point the 40" Jensen (RV substandard quality) brand TV in the link Itenerant1 provided will cost you $453 and Jensen has a lousy reputation for quality (it is just a name from the 1950s that used to mean quality)..

You can get a 120V Sceptre 40" Class FHD (1080P) for $250, VIZIO D-Series 40โ€ Class Smart TV for $349, Samsung 40" $380 and so on..

The small amount of power used by the inverter is pretty insignificant and really not worth trying to eliminate with a cheaper 12V quality TV..

Itinerant1
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.12volt-travel.com/12-volt-televisions-c-684.html

Up to 40"
12v 500ah, 20 cells_ 4s5p (GBS LFMP battery system). 8 CTI 160 watt panels (1,280 watts)2s4p,Panels mounted flat. Magnum PT100 SCC, Magnum 3012 hybrid inverter, ME-ARC 50. Installed 4/2016 been on 24/7/365, daily 35-45% DOD 2,500+ partial cycles.