cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Loose terminals on main battery disconnect

Vintage465
Nomad
Nomad
Hi everyone, just a little heads up. As I was working on our 20fq Creek Side, I pulled the main battery disconnect in the outside storage hatch and found the #8 wires loose, and I mean really loose, like the nuts backed of 3/8 of and inch. They were tight once as I can see where the nut bit into the eye terminal. Might want to make that something to keep and eye on.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I keep saying it... Many RVers have a few screws loose.. Few loose nuts in the RV world as well.. You, it seems found a couple of your loose nuts and tightened them (And yes folks I am mostly talking about screws and nuts in the electrical service division).

Few loose nuts and screws in the factories too. but those are the ones who fail to properly tighten the ones in paragraph one.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I've had a few loosening battery cables on my trailer. For some reason it always seems to be the cable joining the two batteries that loosens up.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer

https://www.amazon.com/nord-lock

On critical fits where heat and severe vibration thwarts outside or inside lock washers, these cam-locks are positively fail-safe. Positively means 100% not 99.99%. I use them on aircraft starters and alternators when safety wire is not FAA PMA regulated.

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good maintenance tip that is easily overlooked. Vibration and corrosion take their toll.