cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lost power to A/C and outlets

Dede64
Explorer
Explorer
I am dry camping right now. Turned on the generator this afternoon to charge batteries and was using the microwave when the AC kicked on. Something blew and i have been trouble shooting ever since. It didn't trip the breakers and all fuses seem to be fine. I have no ac, no outlets on either side of my rig but the control panel is still working and so are the lights. I am at a loss as to what else to check. Can anyone shed light on this?
5 REPLIES 5

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I hate the word "flip" when applying to breakers.
Turn off all breakers, applying light pressure toward off. Then turn on main breaker if equipped followed by branch breakers one at a time.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MrWizard
one maybe two breakers on the side of the generator control box

flip all the way off, then back on

next time turn off a/c before using MW

you did not specify the generator or the RV
but a 4000w generator in a 30amp RV, is going to have a hard time doing A/C, 1000 cooking watt MW and battery charging, all at the same time

A/C compressor surge can be as high as 54amps for milliseconds
1000 cooking watt MW uses about 1600w real watts input power

so there you are charging batteries, MW cooking, and the A/C cycles.. Uh Oh
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
Dede64 wrote:
I am dry camping right now. Turned on the generator this afternoon to charge batteries and was using the microwave when the AC kicked on. Something blew and i have been trouble shooting ever since. It didn't trip the breakers and all fuses seem to be fine. I have no ac, no outlets on either side of my rig but the control panel is still working and so are the lights. I am at a loss as to what else to check. Can anyone shed light on this?

Check for possible ground fault trip on one of your GFI outlets. Some trailers have them wired so if one trips they all go out
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, my guess is you tripped the breaker on the gen.
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the breakers on the generator?
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad