cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

LP Regulator

HappyCampers3
Explorer
Explorer
How hard is it to replace an LP regulator? Other then the regulator and new pigtail lines to tanks what is needed? Teflon tape?
Three Happy Campers
2 Camping Cats
2004 Chevy 2500HD CC LB
2005 Holiday Rambler 30SKS
4 REPLIES 4

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just changed the regulator on mine and the new one came with flare adapter fittings already inserted where the pigtails connect. My pigtails are straight 1/4" NPT so I removed the flare adapters that came with the regulator and used some Rectorseal T-2 on the pipe threads.

Agree about never using any type of sealant on a flare fitting, but not all pigtails are flare fittings.

GASMAN6674
Explorer
Explorer
The pigtails that go into a standard auto changeover do not require dope or tape.
The end the goes into the regulator is 1/4" inverted flare and is a metal to metal seal. Of course the other end is a POL or a QCC coupling and they make up on a gasket.
Use dope or tape on the pipe thread at the outlet of the regulator but never on a flare connection.

Good Luck
Jim & Debbie England
Do you have Gas? Propane Exceptional Energy
2015 F350 CCLB 6.2L/4:30 Vermilion Red
2020 Cougar 364BHLGone but not forgotten 2012 Ridgeline 34RLT fifth wheel/2012 V27FK V-Cross TT

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
You can do it if you can turn a wrench. As stated above, use yellow tape.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use regular teflon tape with gas, they make a special yellow one, or you could use the standard pipe dope compound. Simple job.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"