cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Magnum 3000 Inverter Issue

HowieTx
Explorer
Explorer
We recently traded up from our gas rig to a diesel pusher at the beginning of the year. So we are still learning!

We left the batteries on when it was stored and had to replace them all. So all batteries are new. Brought the rig to the house to plug in and prepare for a trip. I didn't change the setting to 50 amp (it apparently resets to 30 amp when the batteries are turned off) and the inverter is stuck in a self testing mode. I have unplugged the telephone looking cords in an attempt to reset. We have also disconnected the battery cables as well as resetting the two 20 switches on the side.

Any help would be appreciated! We leave in 11 days for our next trip and can't use the microwave or entertainment systems.
5 REPLIES 5

HowieTx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I have also tried the reset Pulsar described just forgot to list on the original post.

I have been reading the posts on here for a while. That's how we knew to try the things we have.

I will give them a call tomorrow. Thanks again.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
If pulsar's method doesn't work, there is always the tech line at Magnum Energy. They are very helpful

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Disconnect the large 12 volt positive cable to the Inverter for 10 minutes and then reconnect to reset a Inverter. DO NOT have the 120 shore power or Genset ON when you do this.
2. The 50 amp or 30 amp setting only has to do with how MUCH 12 volt amps are used when charging the batteries. The default is always 30 amp when power has been disconnected. The difference between 30 and 50 is about 1 hour difference in bulk charging so just let the 30 amp stay. On 50 amp the bulk charge rate will draw about 12 to 13 amps AC amperage. On 30, the amp draw is about 9 to 11 amps. This is ONLY while the system is in BULK charge and it will go off bulk charge quickly (less than 1 hour) if the batteries are at least 75% fully charged. Doug

Moved from Forum Technical Support

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum.

The forum is divided into sub-forums and, generally, you will get quicker responses, if you post in the correct one. This post belongs in Tech Issues. Do not make another post on this issue there, a moderator will move this thread.

About you issue, which I have never experienced. I suggest that you reset the inverter. Our magnum inverter is reset by holding down the Power on/off button for 15 seconds. The button is found on the front of the inverter. When it has reset, there is a LED beneath the on/off button that flashes to indicate the reset has been completed. It turns off when the button is released.

Resetting might not cure the problem, but is a good first step.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)